Transducer Mounting Bracket ?

darton

I have a Minkota Terrova 80 mounted on the front of my boat. I ordered the Extreme Max 3006 bracket to mount a Helix 5 transducer to the motor , but it was too small to fit around the 4 inch diameter 80 Terrova. Does anyone know if the Minnkota MRK-15 transducer mounting bracket fit the Terrova that I have ? Does anyone know if it is made of steel or plastic ? If anyone else has any other ideas or products on how they mounted their transducers to their Minnkotas , I am all ears.

I have a Minkota Terrova 80 mounted on the front of my boat. I ordered the Extreme Max 3006 bracket to mount a Helix 5 transducer to the motor , but it was too small to fit around the 4 inch diameter 80 Terrova. Does anyone know if the Minnkota MRK-15 transducer mounting bracket fit the Terrova that I have ? Does anyone know if it is made of steel or plastic ? If anyone else has any other ideas or products on how they mounted their transducers to their Minnkotas , I am all ears.
So are you thinking of mounting the transducer to a bracket that is attached to the up and down shaft? Your bolt on transducer would have to be facing forward to the motor I would think. ? Or are you hoping to somehow attach the Helix transducer to the under belly of the motor in front of the Terrova transducer?

What boat setup do you have going, a canoe/ kayak? If so, does Hummingbird have an ice fishing kit for the Helix 5 that you might be able to incorporate? Why not an aluminum or stainless steel bracket that you mount to the gunnel and hangs over into the water?

Does you Minnkota not come with a built in transducer?

All you need is a cable compatable to hook into your Helix and it will work,
No need to clamp on a transducer to your motor.
Am I not correct with that?
Hummingbirds are compatable with MinnKota

I have a Garmin and all I had to buy was an Adaptor cable

My minnkota didnt come with the built in transducer. I am looking to mount the transducer that came with my Helix 5 to the bottom of my minnkota motor at the front of my boat that I will use for jigging . The motor head has a 4 inch diameter and the brackets that you get to mount the transducer to fit a smaller diameter motor. I ended up making my own bracket that fits nicely around the motor and keeps the transducer secure under the motor.

I was talking with a fellow fisherman yesterday with the same condition, he said he has used two large ss hose clamps. He said it has been like that for three years now - no problems.

I guess I was a bit confused because when I bought My garmin fishfinders, they came with a kit to mount onto an electric complete with large hose clamps.
I thought Hummingbird would do the same considering Hummingbird and MinnKota are owned by the same company.

Yup. I ordered the Extreme Max 3006 off of Amazon and it fits the smaller motors. When looking at minnkota, they only list one mounting bracket. Didnt want to take the chance and have it be too small as well. I took the wheel off of a caster and my transducer fit in to it perfectly. Used a zip saw to put a couple slits into it to thread the gear clamp through and it bolted on perfectly. The things a redneck will do. HeHe !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks