Smooth Moves Seats

Holty

Just wondering if anyone has these and what their thoughts are on them? Rougher water has been bothering my wife’s back and was curious if these are worth the money?

I put one in mine this year and what a difference it makes. Check with Jos at Angling Outfitters to see if he has any left, that's where l got mine from.

Check into the Wave-Pro seat posts, they are a lot less cumbersome and are simply just a seat post that you can move if you want. I got two of the 2.0 moveable pedestals and they are awesome (not cheap however). You're best to deal directly with the factory on them though since there doesn't seem to be much local dealer support.

https://waveproshock.com/

I have Smooth Moves I bought a few years back for the same reason to save my old back. Expensive but quality built to last and they make a tremendous difference eliminating that spine crunching jarring that Erie dishes out that we all hate so much. (y):D

I have Smooth Moves I bought a few years back for the same reason to save my old back. Expensive but quality built to last and they make a tremendous difference eliminating that spine crunching jarring that Erie dishes out that we all hate so much. (y):D
I know what you mean @Wave Runner!! You now need one on your boat for the passenger seat!!?? LOL Just kidding,(Lake Erie was calm that day),and I was quite comfortable,but I remember you telling me how comfortable your “Smooth Moves” driver seat was that morning,when we went out on Lake Erie for Walleye’s. Tight Lines & “Smooth Moves” Ride ON next year,my friend!! ??????

Attachments

• E3EA9528-51D9-44C8-AC8B-2DBB42085C93.jpeg
    E3EA9528-51D9-44C8-AC8B-2DBB42085C93.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I have a Smooth Moves makes a 22 mile run to Pelee Island easy peasy.

That is quite the run,(22 miles) @big rod,and I would definitely put one of those seats in my Lund tiller boat if I was doing runs like that more frequently.My biggest run that I do is on Long Point Bay from the Old Cut to Bluffs Bar,when it is a fairly good day for boating.I am thinking of looking into purchasing one of these Smooth Moves seats. ???

Here's a couple more options to consider. The Shock Waves have a similar setup to the Smooth Moves and the Air Waves are by all reviews the best of the best in an air suspension pedestal but are also the most expensive. Like everything else technology keeps creating more options to be available with each passing year. I can sympathize with your wife's back and wish seats like these were available years ago as my wife would probably be still fishing with me. Good luck with your search and you definitely won't regret going with any one of these options mentioned. :)

https://shockwaveseats.com/product/s5-slide/?v=3e8d115eb4b3
http://www.airwavepedestal.com/marine-boat-accessories.html

Last edited:
“G.Mech post: 165982 said:
Check into the Wave-Pro seat posts, they are a lot less cumbersome and are simply just a seat post that you can move if you want. I got two of the 2.0 moveable pedestals and they are awesome (not cheap however). You're best to deal directly with the factory on them though since there doesn't seem to be much local dealer support.

https://waveproshock.com/

Thanks @G.Mech,and that’s another option,and I will also look into the Wave-Pro seat posts for a “smoother ride!!” ???

I have two in my Lund. Great seats you can get them direct from Ian Rintamaki as he is the Smooth Move Rep up here.

PM if you want his number

I've been debating which to go with for over a year now. I hear so any pro's and cons to the Smooth Move's its mind boggling! I have talked to many that say the smooth moves will start a "bounce" effect and feel like they are going to throw you into space (the cheaper of the two smooth move's I am referring too....the air shock ones don't do it). They are also quite a bit bigger and bulky but are the cheapest option of most of the seats. The Wave Pro's are great looking but I am not 100% sure on the locking/swivel device. Intrested to hear others thoughts or opinions on all those that have tried any of the above mentioned.

Ryan

@Ryan Bambach… the bounce effect with Smooth Moves I believe is because they don't adjust it properly to their weight. At first I was getting that also but after adjusting the tension with the front lever which is simple to do even while moving until it feels just right. After I found that out no issues at all with bouncing.

Last edited:
I second the Wave Pro. Fully rebuildable and adjustable with the air pressure. Its a Fox oil filled shock that is adapted from their snowmobile/ Utv shocks depending on which model you buy. I was going to get the locking system but didnt and am very happy with it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks