Sat.Oct.6

ship wrecked

Well my partner and I decided to give Pottahawk a try but to our surprise someone had beaten us there.Don't,n know what time this guy got there but we used the same ramp we where there early around 5 seeing legal shooting is a round 6:50.So we ended up in big rice got 3 birds 2 wigeons and 1 blue wing teal. Nothing would come near us not a lot of birds flying.It was still great to be out and not have to wear a coat.:)On return buddy that was a Pottahawk was pulling boat when we got back to ramp was going to ask how he made out but he didn't even make eye contact with us like we were not there kinda strange.So hows the unit doing?

Last edited:
Hey ship wrecked - we hunted big rice as well - I think you may of been south of us nearer the head of the bay.
We got 1 widgeon. Unit was slow as well with only a few blinds reporting many ducks. When is our cold weather
going to get here!

I hunted little rice Friday morning till 10 and managed a drake black, drake mallard and a hen GWT. Coulda had a few more but they snuck up on us. Not many flying that aren't shy.

Hey ship wrecked - we hunted big rice as well - I think you may of been south of us nearer the head of the bay.
We got 1 widgeon. Unit was slow as well with only a few blinds reporting many ducks. When is our cold weather
going to get here!
yeah that was us most birds we shot at were questionable about being range

All in all I was happy at 3 birds for the firstoutting on the lake this year. We bailed at 10 before storm hit. First black duck ever and that was my goal this year. Only duck left to shoot down their is a canvasback.

Hunted Sat afternoon at the park. 1 wigeon, 1 mallard. Not a lot around. Worked ducks to the call (and probably coulda taken some longer shots), but they're pretty shy. Mallard came in cupped, and the 1 wigeon was the only one of a flock of a dozen that decided to come in.

We was out Friday. First storm rolled over just north of us thunder and lightning badly but very little rain. Second storm we just got boat on trailer and boy did it come down. In 3 mins of strapping boat down we was drenched.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks