Sat Oct.19/13 Hunt

ship wrecked

Well with all the wind we were supposed to have decided to hunt the head of the bay.Wasn't to bad got 8 birds mix bag puddle ducks and diver ducks.Would have been a little more choosy but not a lot to pick from. Did see one huge migrating flock fly over the bay and out to the lake side did anyone else happen to see this? Weather man got the rain right but not the wind.So how did everyone make out seeing any new birds?

I was out Friday and managed 5 puddle ducks. Should have had a few more but little rusty on the shooting. Friday before we got skunked. It can only get better.

Still hunting the fields. New geese around (mix of lessers and big boys). Limited on mallards in the corn on Tues. Friday the geese pulled a Houdini and didn't show. And managed 4/4 mallard/goose yesterday as we watched birds pile into a big puddle in another field.

I'm about ready to hit the marsh again. Getting tired of picking mud out of, well, everything.

We hunted big rice - 1 ring neck, pintail, teal and a wigeon. Saw a number of birds but not
a lot of shooting. We were hoping for a bit more wind - weather man got it wrong.

Saw the divers come in on Saturday morning -- had to be around 15,000 of them . Unbelievable sight , the waves stretched for a mile easy .Couldn't tell from where I was (Little Rice ) what they were but had to be Scaup and Redheads .Needless to say they didn't come into the Bay that night (at least during shooting times ).

I'd bet those might have been cormorants. I watched what I thought were divers for a few days, then sat out the decoys last week and watched a two hour long flock of cormorants cruise over the decoys - I would have sworn they were bills before I was out in them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks