ROD and REEL CHOICES

Tcat

HI Guys AT some point I would like to update my fishing rods and reels to use all the same rods and reels instead of the mismatched gear i presently run.Iam just wondering what guys use and have success with.I like leadcore,riggers and mono in my spread when trolling.Please include size of reels and rod lengths if you dont mind.Currently i dont use wire or copper lines but would if guys dont mind sharing their successes.Thanks for any advice

All the rods I run are Diawa. I use 8'6" mediums with 20lb mono on rapala reels (cant remember the size) for my downriggers and 9' Medium heavy with 30lb suffix 832 braid on okuma reels for my dipsy rods. And 9' Medium with leadcore with a 30lb braid as a backer on a okuma reel for my flat lines. I like running all the same brand/model rods for all my rods. It seems to make fish strikes more noticeable due to the fact they all have the same action so when one rod is not quite acting like the others it usually means you have a fish on or weeds and or tangles. I hope this little info helps @Tcat as I have only been trolling for a few years now and am not quite as seasoned as some of the others here.

Forgot to mention that all my reels are linecounters which helps with repeating the accuracy of your trolling program.

Try a saltist. The 50 series in the high retrieve gear ratio makes the 10 colour or 300 copper manageable. I wouldn't touch a 15 colour, that's just punishment.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks