Riggers?

patroller

Any luck using riggers or is it all planer boards and leadcore?

caught fish pulling bodybaits 20 ft down a week back.

Its catching not fishing with the numbers out there .

For me Dipsey Divers was were the action was at. Only caught one on the riggers

Riggers worked well for lakers on east side of long point( elbow 90 feet) Friday. Got nothing on them out of Burpwell Monday . All fish came From 5 or 6 colours of leadcore and green was what they wanted.

With fish suspended in the 20-30’ range getting your presentation away from the boat will be far more productive. Dispel Divers or long lines (flat or lead) or running your baits from boards are good options. Riggers are pretty close to the boat if your fishing 25’ down. That being said of the 14 fish we hosted last night a couple did come from riggers down 30’. The rest came off a five colour on an in-line board as far from the boat as I could get it.

Riggers worked well for lakers on east side of long point( elbow 90 feet) Friday. Got nothing on them out of Burpwell Monday . All fish came From 5 or 6 colours of leadcore and green was what they wanted.
That’s awesome !
Is that 90 fow suspended or are they right on bottom ?!
I didn’t even relies you could catch lakers in the summer on Erie
Have to get me some downriggers!

That’s awesome !
Is that 90 fow suspended or are they right on bottom ?!
I didn’t even relies you could catch lakers in the summer on Erie
Have to get me some downriggers!
The lake trout fishing has been amazing out there the last few weeks. I think you can pretty much catch them everywhere at the elbow. One guy said he got 15+ the other day. About 5’ off the bottom

If your fishing walleye, stick with dipsy divers and leadcore.
I ditched riggers off the boat years ago and havent looked back

Yes, everything we got on Saturday was on dipsy about 100’ back in 48 fow.

Not to hijack but we got a nice trout today in 50FOW down about 30ft off a dipsy with a green and yellow spoon. (Had 67ft of braid out, dipsy set to 3) About due east of the shallow end of bluff bar. Picked up a nice walleye shortly after.

Out of our 3 man limit yesterday at Glasgow 7 came off the riggers and the rest off Dipseys.

absolutely riggers..and with sliders & they are workin great..its nice catchin 2 pics on one rod... running a short lead from the ball... under 50 ft..no different then last season..
good luck out there..

I've done well off riggers running 200' behind the ball Ripplin Redfins, Adjust your depth on were the fish are but keep checking your rods for fish every 5 mins. make sure you run your lines at the same distance so you don't tangle. Person on the wheel has to pay attention on his turning, not playing on the cel and depth finder. :banghead: :banghead: :D

you guys in the east running trollin motors...try running a favourite bait just under and behind the prop wash..set that drag light..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks