Question on the Controlled Deer Hunt

FisherPrice

Just a question to which I have yet to get a definitive answer.

I am hunting in the controlled deer hunt this year. Luckily I drew a validation tag. I shoot a shot gun. first week of November.

So my question....There are a few of us that hunt that week. All applications were submitted individually.

Should I shoot a deer, and place my seal on that deer... Can I continue to hunt with a friend that still has an unused seal.

Seems to be a lot of questions this year with a number of friends not getting tags. Pretty sure if a buddy does not get a tag, they should not be carrying a gun. .

Any info would be appreciated. Better to know than have to deal with consequences later.

Thanks to all

you can only hunt if you drew a tag for the controlled hunt. you can party hunt with a friend or several as long as you have a seal available in the group.
if friends didn't draw tag, they best not be anywhere around a group, as they could and might get charged for hunting even if they don't have a gun with them.

You can party hunt as long as you were drawn to hunt in the controled hunt wich means everyone in the party has to be drawn to hunt leagally.
Basically no tag drawn do not go out at all as they can and will fine you!

Also when buddy hunting the act states that all hunters in the group must be in radio contact range and the tag holder must seal immediately

You can assist in a group hunt as long long you have a deer license. Your friend can shoot a deer that week provided your are in within contact range, and you tag it.

Yup don't go shooting two deer if you've only got one seal between you. Our group usually has a guy or two tagged out already in the bow hunt but we still hunt with them. Still allowed to carry a gun if they have a controlled deer tag. A tag is not a seal don't forget. And you must have a valid deer license.

So yes to answer your question you can still hunt even if you have used your seal.

We use this philosophy. Those that have the whole week to hunt rather than the first couple days use their seals last. Because legally you cannot hunt under someone else's game seal if they are not present in the hunt.

I know lots of people share seals etc and carry their wifes seal etc but it is illegal.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks