Port Bruce/Burwell marinas.

chesapeakeman

When do the marinas at Port Burwell and Port Bruce open for the season, and if open now (April 29), do they have bait for sale? Has anyone been out fishing from the piers there? Looking to get out ASAP.

Usually may 1st they start putting docks in weather permitting
But if you call I’m sure the ramp is ready to go

When do the marinas at Port Burwell and Port Bruce open for the season, and if open now (April 29), do they have bait for sale? Has anyone been out fishing from the piers there? Looking to get out ASAP.

According to their website they're not open at NEM for a couple more weeks.

"The Docks" was closed to the general public last year. Not sure what they're doing this year.

Here's Rush Creeks Phone number if you want to give them a call. (226) 785-2150

Here's the phone number for Big Otter in Burwell (519) 410-7747 (according to their FB page it'll be another 9 days until they're open, but they might have bait available now.)

And here's the number for Pt Burwell Marina on the other side of the bridge from Big Otter (226) 970-3029

Or if you can hang on a couple days, I'm planning to go down to the pier for the first time this year either Wednesday or Thursday, (maybe both) and I can let you know when I get home on which ever day I go if NEM or Rush Creek had their signs out for bait. Pretty sure Betty's no longer exists after her passing a couple years ago and the house being sold.

Last edited:

"The Docks" was closed to the general public last year. Not sure what they're doing this year.

Here's the phone number for Big Otter in Burwell (519) 410-7747 (according to their FB page it'll be another 9 days until they're open, but they might have bait available now.)

And here's the number for Pt Burwell Marina on the other side of the bridge from Big Otter (226) 970-3029

Or if you can hang on a couple days, I'm planning to go down to the pier for the first time this year either Wednesday or Thursday, (maybe both) and I can let you know when I get home on which ever day I go if NEM or Rush Creek had their signs out for bait. Pretty sure Betty's no longer exists after her passing a couple years ago and the house being sold.
In the past I have launched at Rush creek May 1st @rushcreek

I believe the docks is still closed. Have not read any updates anywhere about them repairing the launch.

i am having issues again once again with mnr ,this time over land issues ,use , they decide to wait till being of season to bring up. ramp is and will be open and bait in a week or so,

reality is we really do not own anything anymore ,name maybe on deed, and tax bill,but someone else thinks or wants control over it....

its funny at first emails would finish ''if you have any questions feel free to ask'' start asking question, and they refuse to answer,, or aviod,,,,,,,now its to sign here or else,,,after 15 years just had to find something else to pick on

when the bridge fell down catfishcreek was declared never being nagivitable waterway, now mnr says yes it was and still is ,we own it

in 2020 the ontario gov. changed the rules anyone can occupy 15sq meters ,my local mnr didnt even no that,,and now refuse to answer, other then we as bullies will charge you

i am having issues again once again with mnr ,this time over land issues ,use , they decide to wait till being of season to bring up. ramp is and will be open and bait in a week or so,

reality is we really do not own anything anymore ,name maybe on deed, and tax bill,but someone else thinks or wants control over it....

its funny at first emails would finish ''if you have any questions feel free to ask'' start asking question, and they refuse to answer,, or aviod,,,,,,,now its to sign here or else,,,after 15 years just had to find something else to pick on

when the bridge fell down catfishcreek was declared never being nagivitable waterway, now mnr says yes it was and still is ,we own it

in 2020 the ontario gov. changed the rules anyone can occupy 15sq meters ,my local mnr didnt even no that,,and now refuse to answer, other then we as bullies will charge you
Thanks for the update… sounds like a bunch of BS for sure, sorry you have to deal with that!
don’t give in!

The Port Stanley public launch should be open. Can anyone confirm?

hey Brian sorry to hear you're still having issues with MNr etc----do you feel like there's a bullseye on your back----i thought you got out of the bait business after that last BS you went thru

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks