Point Abino May 3

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Launched at Crystal Beach around 8:30 and hunted and pecked through the morning to find some perch. It took some searching and some patience but we eventually managed 60 nice jumbos along with a few smaller ones. Fish were badly scattered and we got a few here and a few there but mainly out around the US border in 62 fow. In the deep water you keep whatever you catch because their air bladders are all out by the time you bring them up but most were nice 9-14" fish anyway. Beautiful day out until the front moved through around 2:00 and it got rough pretty quickly after that.

1714774366069.jpeg

Is the dock there still that steel fork that destroys boats?

You wernt the guys that the coast gaurd were looking for on friday where you? Seen it on the news same launch same point i seen on the news yesterday

Is the dock there still that steel fork that destroys boats
The docks at Crystal Beach are actually very nice, other than they're a little exposed in an East wind. I've been launching there for a number of years and never had any trouble, maybe you're thinking of a different launch?

1714840541159.png

Last edited:
You wernt the guys that the coast gaurd were looking for on friday where you? Seen it on the news same launch same point i seen on the news yesterday
I heard about that from some guys at the dock yesterday so it must have been quite early in the morning.

Edit, Just did some googling and found this:

Sounds like a long cold night for those people

I heard about that from some guys at the dock yesterday so it must have been quite early in the morning.

Edit, Just did some googling and found this:

Yeah i seen it on the news at 6am and by the recap at 6:30 they said they had found the vessel

maybe you're thinking of a different launch?
Nope. First and last time I was there the corner of the steel dock was exposed. I pulled along side the dock and a wake pushed me into the corner. $350 fibreglass repair bill. Now i just make the cruise from Port Colborne.

Oh and the on the way out I pulled over next to the bathroom to let my wife use it. Some parking ticket guy starts writing me a ticket not knowing I was still in the vehicle. I saw him writing it so I started the truck and drove away. I wasn't in the mood to deal with a scratched boat, a parking ticket, and a pissed off wife for ditching her...

Nope. First and last time I was there the corner of the steel dock was exposed. I pulled along side the dock and a wake pushed me into the corner. $350 fibreglass repair bill. Now i just make the cruise from Port Colborne.

Oh and the on the way out I pulled over next to the bathroom to let my wife use it. Some parking ticket guy starts writing me a ticket not knowing I was still in the vehicle. I saw him writing it so I started the truck and drove away. I wasn't in the mood to deal with a scratched boat, a parking ticket, and a pissed off wife for ditching her...
Sorry not laughing at the scratch
I bet he saw you pull up and not get out and started writing the ticket
What a joke

Yeah, the bylaw people like to sit there and catch people not properly parked in an empty parking lot.. lazy..

Back