Off Topic Pleasure Craft License Renewal

Website would not work for us so we mailed it in. About 3 weeks turn around. Very simple just filled in the form and mailed it.

I just went through this . Bought my boat about 4 years ago and carried all my paperwork on board in case I was stopped ..I did get stopped and that's another story with uneducated opp that don't know the difference between registered vessel and licensed vessel .. If you have a registered vessel it has to do with a business i.e. fishing ..diving chartering ..other wise a commercial vessel .Tugs have a name on the bow .. Trawlers have a name on the bow ect there will be a plaque on the helm with an # ... ON12345 and registered tonage and is Registered to that vessel .. Pleasure craft that have numbers on the Bow are Licensed vessels and have a build certificat of weight and passengers combined. MY SEA RAY has aways been registered to company's and is 150$ every 3 years to re-register. To change this vessel to a licensed vessel I had to apply to pleasure craft licensing.....

Your request for a pleasure craft licence (PCL) has been reviewed and processed. Attached is a copy of your permanent pleasure craft licence (PCL) (ON90xxxxx). A copy of this document must be kept on board the vessel at all times.

Due to changes in the Canada Shipping Act, 2001, pleasure craft licences are now valid for ten (10) years. If there are changes to your name or particulars of your vessel or address in that time, you must update your licence.

In accordance with the Canada Shipping Act, 2001, s. 204, licensed vessels must be marked with the licence number of the vessel in block characters not less than 75mm (3 inches) high and in a colour that contrasts with their background

This licensing is free as of this week .. so if you see a web site that promotes handling this for you look at the coast guard cutter on the web page it has table and chairs and dining tables aft ????

Scams are rampid thease days ...

Hope this helps ...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks