Please post any beef roasts ya’ll find on sale..

I went to the wholesale club grocery warehouse today (1055 HARGRIEVE RD, LONDON,) and picked up a Ribeye loin for $125 and change and cut my own steaks out of it. Got 22 steaks out of it which works out to about $5.72 per steak.

AAA Canadian Angus Top sirloin steaks and roasts $5.88/lb at Metro starts Thursday.
Thanks for the “heads up” @rmsteve 👍 I dropped into a Metro in Byron yesterday,of their first day of the new flyer sale,to pick up some AAA Canadian Angus Top sirloin steaks and a roast. Definitely for sure a great deal at $5.88/lb. I will be “firing up” our barbecue this weekend,for the weather looks fantastic as well!! 🥩 🥩 😋👍😃

Attachments

• IMG_3213.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
    IMG_3209.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3219.jpeg
    IMG_3219.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3220.jpeg
    IMG_3220.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the “heads up” @rmsteve 👍 I dropped into a Metro in Byron yesterday,of their first day of the new flyer sale,to pick up some AAA Canadian Angus Top sirloin steaks and a roast. Definitely for sure a great deal at $5.88/lb. I will be “firing up” our barbecue this weekend,for the weather looks fantastic as well!! 🥩 🥩 😋👍😃
I dropped into the Metro Byron again yesterday,after I had finished walleye fishing around the Delaware area,to take advantage of this sale again,at $5.88/lb. for some AAA Canadian Angus Top sirloin steaks and a roast. Today is the last day of this sale,and it’s barbecue time tonight again!! 🥩🥩😋 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_3341.jpeg
    IMG_3341.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 19
Not the best looking prime rib at the brantford location(metro). I didn't get over there until 5-6pm so probably well picked over. Still, couldn't say no to a good deal and the wife was saying she was hankering for some beef....

Dry brined, will be on the rotisserie over direct fire(charcoal and peachwood) within the hour. 4.2 lbs should feed the 5 of us with some leftovers.

Thanks for the heads-up @rmsteve.

Attachments

• 20240322_161836.jpg
    20240322_161836.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 12
We did one steak on the BBQ and one in cast iron pan started on the cooktop and finished in the oven. Turned out well, but your's look better @Crummybun .
I'd like the side by side photo's of the two... And the taste difference... I hear lots about the cast iron but just can't get away from the grill flavor...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks