Pier Action?

chesapeakeman

Has anyone caught anything from the piers at either Port Bruce or Port Burwell? Looking to get out in the next few days to start off the new season. Do the marinas have bait for sale yet, minnows or worms? I prefer channel catfish, but any action will do to start things off. Also I'm open to suggestions for other spots to try, if anyone has had success elsewhere. I'll be fishing from shore.

Friend of mine (a recent new member to the forum) told me that he saw someone get 3 white perch off the pier in Pt Bruce by the parking lot earlier this week. Other than that, I haven't heard anything, and I haven't been to the pier yet myself this year. Soon tho, very soon, weather permitting.

If you're just looking to get a line in the water and don't really care what you catch, just go and see what happens, not unheard of to catch suckers and cats this early off the pier in Pt Bruce OR you could try the pier in Pt Rowan by the restaurant and boat sheds or maybe even Pt Dover. You might hook into some perch.

I don't know what they were catching off the pier in Dover last Saturday but I saw some pulling something in....I was doing a drive by on the way to the marina.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks