Fishing Report Out of Hibernation a little early this year

$44 at walmart. I can't afford to go to Angling Sports or Angling Outfitters and get the one I REALLY want :ROFLMAO:
Yah normally I would
But since I rarely use ultra light rods and what not and was replacing one I broke I wanted to do it cheap so I grabbed that one off of Amazon for $51

* sorry one that fell apart where it wasn’t suppose to

I think I can crawl out from under my rock now, must do is almost done.

View attachment 85882

Oh, and a personal upgrade for dah burdz. 🌻

View attachment 85883
Yeah me too. All I really have left to do of the "honey do" list is the porch and we just discussed it, and since I can't really move anything out there to another spot, it doesn't have to be done. Might vacuum the floor out there eventually, but the "reorganization" has been cancelled. 🥹😁

Thanks @Derkd9 . Really appreciate the fish batter education. I'll try it and I'll let you know when I find the Zatarain's as well!

Take care.

Dust fillets with the Zatarains
Dip in egg white
Press crushed lays potato onto the fillets

Fry in frying pan with a bit of butter and canola oil
I’m guessing you could deep fry as well I just haven’t tried it

You can also skip the egg white and and lays potato chips and just fry the dusted fillets and it makes a nice crispy coating
You can see a couple in my original pick in the top right corner. I had run out of chips and didn’t want to open a new bag for a few fillets

View attachment 85874
$16.99 at Menno Mex.

Attachments

• 20240419_170227.jpg
    20240419_170227.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Noticed that Zatarains is really high in salt vs Fish Crisp Italian. As a 58 year "old guy" I need to keep the salt intake on the low side. Where is Menno Mex @Hooked on Ice ? Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks