Off Topic Old Phart Tools

hvyhaul

I have found since retiring dates and times are not the same as before. The Wife and I frequently forget what day of the week it is and so on.

Last season I had no idea how many days I fished or the number of fish caught.

This year it will be different......

24kchlg.jpg

If I don't forget to fill it in. LoL 🤔🤯😁🌻

Last edited:
Good idea hvyhaul i should too but was never good with school work to late to change

I carry a small note book on the boat and document each days catch and depth. Nothing changes with bait or speed since I only pull harnesses at 1.4 mph. Also jot down the hours on the big motor and the $ amount of fuel I add.

@hvyhaul : Welcome to the club, as you get a few years older it will be more often. I have also found that the BOSS will be the same, as you get older who gives a $hit…. LoL

I hear ya HH. Most of the time the only way I know what day it is completely depends upon whether I had to haul my carcass out of bed to take my wife to work for 6am or not. REALLY screws me up when she gets an extra long weekend and gets the Monday off (she's off Fri, Sat and Sun every week) and it gets worse when her vacation weeks come around. (First one is next month)

As for keeping track, I have an excel file on the computer I started several years ago that I can reference for annual comparisons from one year to the next that I update every time I get out fishing. This years is still blank. (hopefully will change that by the end of the month depending on how long it takes to get the "honey do" list done) I mark down what I caught, how many, including the undesirables since if that's all I catch on any given day, it's still better than meeting that stinky lil black and white land animal and I note when the first trip out was, and when I get out with @tailfeathers (or others as has happened a few times)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks