Mud motor throttle modification ?

Old Cut LongPointer

I have a 16 HP Vanguard Go-Devil longtail and want to know if it is possible to convert the manual throttle lever to a spring return twist type throttle or even a trigger type of throttle ? Has anybody else tried this ?

Thanks !

I am sure it can be done but I am not sure you will like the outcome. Running the bigger mud motors can be a workout and having the added effort of controlling the throttle can be a drain.

I have a fixed throttle but have run motors with a spring loaded grip throttle like a brake handle on a bike and a twist grip. Tight turns and bump and grind situations can be very taxing and hard to control the throttle.

Paul

Thanks Paul !

Didn't think of that problem. I guess maybe more time spent driving it will give me the expierence I need as they do require a different operating technique compared to outboards.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks