Moose 2023

racattack

Looking to join a camp or group for 2023 moose hunt if you are looking let me know ontario or quebec tjhanks

My friend, Slancy and I don’t have a whole lot of points and not sure when we will be able to secure a tag. But we would like to get back out there, and could use more people when we do 🤷🏻

I think most groups are struggling in our unit as it takes 20 points to get an adult tag. Our normal group is down from 11 to 6 this year due to covid and age. Next year one of our older hunters should get a tag with 20 points as long as others don't switch to our unit. This year we have a calf tag.

All the groups I know love the new systems, so easy to get tags where I hunt and where they do, just have to drive a little, we have drew 4 tags not having to use points,

All the groups I know love the new systems, so easy to get tags where I hunt and where they do, just have to drive a little, we have drew 4 tags not having to use points,
how far are we talking? ive thought of applying for northern Ontario

Thunder Bay and Red lake area. Sure other areas that are easy to draw those just ones I know. I drew a cow tag second draw for bow so cost zero point. Was to go with our bull tag. But first year where ever you go odds are be a scouting mission.

Thunder Bay and Red lake area. Sure other areas that are easy to draw those just ones I know. I drew a cow tag second draw for bow so cost zero point. Was to go with our bull tag. But first year where ever you go odds are be a scouting mission.
Yah that’s why we have been applying to areas we have already been because we have an idea where to go. With the old system it was easy to get a tag in that area, but now with the new system it seems to be you need more points. That’s what I liked about the old system the regs Kinda told you what your chances of drawing a tag were in each unit.

My buddies dads back yard this week at his box blind

Attachments

• 20221005_.jpg
    20221005_.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20221005__1.JPG
    20221005__1.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20221005__2.jpg
    20221005__2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20221005__3.JPG
    20221005__3.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2542.JPEG
    IMG_2542.JPEG
    210.3 KB · Views: 35
Looks like they were thinking about walking up them stairs
Lol yup. Unfortunately I don't have the pictures he sent me last year anymore but he had a good size cow 10 feet from his how under his chain fall they hang them with and a calf inside the the leanto that goes into the shed where all their processing equipment is. He's up in St Charles

I would personally look at Quebec if you want to get into a hunt now. If you can get into a group with points and tags great, but if not Quebec gives you 1 tag/2 hunters in most areas. Prices are reasonable.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks