Maddy's First Turkey

Reel Therapy

We hunted this am had lots around but none gave us a look. Decided to try again this evening and glad we did! Maddy ended up bagging her first turkey and what a turkey it was. We watched it for almost 30 mins follow a hen across the field to our decoys which it then decided it would take on my strutting decoy. Maddy showed patience and when it cleared the decoy she dropped it. I am not sure who was more excited her or me :joyful:

T1.jpgT2.jpgT3.jpgT4.jpg

Congrats. My girl just turned 12 in November and unfortunately we weren't able to get her into any courses. Wish I was out there on "our publicly paid for land" sitting behind her!

Your little gal looks happier than ever!

Bet the bug has stuck now!

Congrats Maddy & Davin..excellent quality turkey!!!

Thanks @mick was an awesome evening! @WinSX3Tom she sure has caught the bug, I have had her out hunting and fishing with me since she was 4 years old. Seems she like to show up dad every now and then...and for some reason Mom is ok with her mounts in the house and mine have to stay in the garage:unsure:
Only sad part was I had the Video camera out in the morning and didn't bring it in the evening.

IMG_0020.JPGIMG_0022.JPGIMG_0023.JPG

Reel therapy there's no better feeling than introducing a youngster to hunting. Way to go Maddy that is a good looking Tom. Congratulations.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks