Fishing Report Late ice port bolster

Fishermanpaul

My girlfriend and I went up north this weekend, we went up to barry’s bay, stayed in a yurt and did some hiking… we went out on a stocked laker lake but in 3 hours or so and 3 different spots we didn’t mark a single fish.
3443DEBF-82AF-4805-8536-8556B8BF8AA7.jpeg
B89885EA-290F-488E-B43E-536810946F28.jpeg
8E358025-1470-4E2B-833D-019412FBF1B0.jpeg

Instead of trying another lake up there we decided to try Simcoe on the way back home. Got there and set up fishing at 2 pm, ended up being non-stop action the whole afternoon, only moving once and luckily staying on the fish.

A lipless crankbait was the ticket for most aggressive fish, but anything that wouldn’t respond to that was tricked into biting with a tiny tungsten with a spike plastic that worked fantastically. We ended up with 50 jumbos and finished fishing just before 6 and walked back. The biggest was 12 3/4, and there was two that size and a ton in the 10-12 inch range. For sure was a great fishing day on Simcoe.
B0B69D4C-A05D-430B-A0DE-45C516B41172.jpeg

9DB7F1C2-B0D1-4A81-AEEA-03298D3DDFD2.jpeg
A8CBCB05-D96E-48BD-9FD1-06C7A8C09C14.jpeg

nice going. i was up in round lake for 3 days of fishing and only caught smelt and perch, normally we catch eveything. best ice was 6 inches should have been 2 to 3 ft.

nice going. i was up in round lake for 3 days of fishing and only caught smelt and perch, normally we catch eveything. best ice was 6 inches should have been 2 to 3 ft.
I thought about trying that lake, there are so many to choose from up there... too bad about not catching more but at least you guys didn't get skunked like us!

My girlfriend and I went up north this weekend, we went up to barry’s bay, stayed in a yurt and did some hiking… we went out on a stocked laker lake but in 3 hours or so and 3 different spots we didn’t mark a single fish.
View attachment 84887
View attachment 84886
View attachment 84892

Instead of trying another lake up there we decided to try Simcoe on the way back home. Got there and set up fishing at 2 pm, ended up being non-stop action the whole afternoon, only moving once and luckily staying on the fish.

A lipless crankbait was the ticket for most aggressive fish, but anything that wouldn’t respond to that was tricked into biting with a tiny tungsten with a spike plastic that worked fantastically. We ended up with 50 jumbos and finished fishing just before 6 and walked back. The biggest was 12 3/4, and there was two that size and a ton in the 10-12 inch range. For sure was a great fishing day on Simcoe.
View attachment 84889

View attachment 84891
View attachment 84893
Fantastic catch @Fishermanpaul for you both!! 👍 Who knew that there was even any ice left on Lake Simcoe off Port Bolster,and wherever there. I was also wondering why I haven’t run into you on the Thames River,pursuing the walleye,such as myself. I only managed to catch one walleye today,( photo),and what amazing day weather wise,to be walleye fishing on the Thames River today. You were definitely in a better fishing place though,with those nice catch of perch!! Enjoy your perch fry & again,those perch look fantastic!! 🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_5713.jpeg
    IMG_5713.jpeg
    453.7 KB · Views: 32
Fantastic catch @Fishermanpaul for you both!! 👍 Who knew that there was even any ice left on Lake Simcoe off Port Bolster,and wherever there. I was also wondering why I haven’t run into you on the Thames River,pursuing the walleye,such as myself. I only managed to catch one walleye today,( photo),and what amazing day weather wise,to be walleye fishing on the Thames River today. You were definitely in a better fishing place though,with those nice catch of perch!! Enjoy your perch fry & again,those perch look fantastic!! 🎣🐟👍🙂
I was pretty surprised too, there was a solid 8 inches… someone was out there with a snowmobile even … but altogether there was probably 7 people so it wasn’t very pressured

I’ve been going out here and there for the walleye, you know what spot to go to if you want to find me ;) ahaha I’m sure we’ll see each other before the season closes

I was pretty surprised too, there was a solid 8 inches… someone was out there with a snowmobile even … but altogether there was probably 7 people so it wasn’t very pressured

I’ve been going out here and there for the walleye, you know what spot to go to if you want to find me ;) ahaha I’m sure we’ll see each other before the season closes
Sounds great @Fishermanpaul about seeing each other before the walleye season closes. The rain is coming tomorrow,and there should be another run of walleye’s coming up into the Thames River. Tight lines & walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟👍😎

congrats @Fishermanpaul on your great catch of perch! I'm pushing 240 lbs without all my gear in overall weight. I'm looking at your great perch pictures on lake Simcoe and thinking...great catch....but....I want 12 plus inches of ice for me! lol Thanks for sharing!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks