Lake St.Clair Help

Matt245

Been fishing out of Bruce for the last month or so and want to switch it up a bit(Untill bows start to be caught). Want to head up to St.clair bass and Muskie fishing. Any new tips would be appreciated! Or else it’s back to casting Bulldawgs and trolling believers.

My buddy lives on st clair he can guide you he catches them all the time I just have to see if he’s available or I can get some advice to pass on to you

St. Clair has a great fall bite when the fish move into the river mouths and just off of shore. September can be excellent as well- cover lots of water run larger baits as they will be putting on the feed bag. Bucher Depth Raiders have always produced well for me there-natural colours--good luck!

St. Clair has a great fall bite when the fish move into the river mouths and just off of shore. September can be excellent as well- cover lots of water run larger baits as they will be putting on the feed bag. Bucher Depth Raiders have always produced well for me there-natural colours--good luck!
Yes indeed the fall is better, but trying to beat the crowd down there this year or else it’s a bit of a mess.

Tough season for musky on St Clair, relatively speaking anyway. As always, find the bait near semi stained water and you'll find some fish. The number of Tiger musky is rediculous out there and they tend to favour dirtier, shallower water than the pure strains.

On a side note, I've done really well the previous 2 weekends on another SW Ontario musky fishery ;) Put a good number of fish in the boat and saw some real beasts!

Josh

Tough season for musky on St Clair, relatively speaking anyway. As always, find the bait near semi stained water and you'll find some fish. The number of Tiger musky is rediculous out there and they tend to favour dirtier, shallower water than the pure strains.

On a side note, I've done really well the previous 2 weekends on another SW Ontario musky fishery ;) Put a good number of fish in the boat and saw some real beasts!

Josh
Another southern Ontario Musky fishery? I can only think of the Thames and Longpoint bay.

A teaser....:D

Attachments

• IMG_20180813_194151.jpg
    IMG_20180813_194151.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20180813_194514.jpg
    IMG_20180813_194514.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks