Fishing Report It was bound to happen eventually.......SKUNKED

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

I knew it had to be getting close to happening and today was the day. Got to the pier at 7:30, left at 2. NOT EVEN A BITE!!!! :eek:

Lots of minnows right by the pier, HUGE school of them from the beach all the way out and around to the east side close in.........under them........2 inch perch feeding on them...water was so clear you could see almost to the bottom........would throw my minnow net out and bring in 10 or so minnows, next throw out.......10-15 of those feeding itty bitty perch.......by the time I put my minnow net away I must have caught and returned back to the lake at least 50-60 of those little bitty feeding perch. Another guy throwing his minnow net out on one throw brought it in and it was full of them.......had to be over 100 in it......Hopefully they remember where the feeding was so good next year and come back all growed up or better yet, go tell their older brothers and sisters.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
put in a good word for you Trevor----didn't want you to feel left out:ROFLMAO:

Thanks Gord. :rolleyes::LOL: Soooo, does this mean that I have you to thank for having to splain to my wife why I came home stinkin of skunk and the scoreboard now has a blemish on it this year, not that she cares. Just offered her condolences for a bad day, but reminded me how many I have in the freezer and how much she ISN'T lookin forward to me stinkin up the house like fish when I cook some of it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:LOL: as they say, there's a first time for everything, and this year, today was the first time I've been skunked.

But as you said, you could watch the little perch feeding. You were a part of a happening in nature. You got to see something few get to in their lifetime. I'd say you had a good day.

Me on the other hand. I was beating my knees up in a bathroom reno job.

But as you said, you could watch the little perch feeding. You were a part of a happening in nature. You got to see something few get to in their lifetime. I'd say you had a good day.

Me on the other hand. I was beating my knees up in a bathroom reno job.

Yep I had a good day.:) Any day I get to go fishing is a good day and on those days when I get skunked, which is rare, but it does happen, 4 times last year and once this year(today) so far, and that just means I don't have to clean'em.

The water being so clear probably had a lot to do with the lack of action. Was fun being able to watch all those minnows and see them scatter when those itty bitty perch attacked. We were all doing it, gave us something to do that kept us entertained lol. We were all amazed at how many minnows were there, while at the same time being surprised that with that much bait, there weren't any bigger fish in the area feeding as well. Then again, with that much bait available, it also might explain why there was no action today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gord. :rolleyes::LOL: Soooo, does this mean that I have you to thank for having to splain to my wife why I came home stinkin of skunk and the scoreboard now has a blemish on it this year, not that she cares. Just offered her condolences for a bad day, but reminded me how many I have in the freezer and how much she ISN'T lookin forward to me stinkin up the house like fish when I cook some of it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
just tryin to help out where I can:rolleyes::)

Back