i'm confused...

Buckhorn

or rather, i would like to be educated on hunting in the bay. browsing through this forum, i see posts about memberships, line-ups, passes, blind assignments etc, and i dont really know where to start.

i've been hunting for a while, but only recently for ducks, geese, etc. i would love to know what is involved in getting access to (from what i have read) the best duck hunting in ontario. are there an online resource i can go to, club i need to join or at least get information from? or can i just launch a boat and set up a spread and blind anywhere in the bay?

any help for a newbie would be great, thanks.

You can launch a boat and go where you want But keep outside of the postings that all the club's and land owners have out.Also in the inner bay you can't be out more than 300 m from land or a posted sign(not sure if 3oo or 200 )good luck and have fun.

thanks ship wrecked. i saw the map on the LPWA site showing blinds. is this the club and land owners area you mentioned? looks like a distinct area on the south side of the bay. east or west of that ok? north side of the bay open? thanks again.

Hello Buckhorn,

The best advice to a new guy is to hunt the LPWMU and get comfortable with that ... walk in blinds ... stake blinds ... shooting points.

As you get to know the water and the weather you can expand from the LPWMU as there is a lot of information that you have requested.

I have already covered the public hunting areas from north of Big Creek (north end of Zone B) all the way over to Turkey Point on another thread.

There is also a public hunting area (Little Rice Bay and Big Rice Bay) that is east of the LPWMU Zone A before you get to private property.

Jerome

thanks Tundra. i still have a lot of homework to do before heading out in the field, but thought i would start with finding out what areas are off-limits. i am looking forward to 40 years or so (god willing) of making mistakes and learning from them. i have a young (and busy) family, so time afield is scarce. i fully expect a few years of being in poor locations, having terrible decoy spreads, getting stuck in knee deep mud, shooting behind birds (i can hear my dad yelling to lead and follow through!), and all the other issues that make hunting so challenging and rewarding.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks