Fishing Report Gross Green Algae in the Creek by the pier today

Trevor M

Dropped my wife off this morning at 6 and headed to the lake, got there at 6:35, set up the minnow net threw it out and thought I had a massive amount of minnows because it was so heavy compared to normal. NOPE, not a massive amount of minnows, but some. What made it so heavy was the damn gross green algae that has washed down stream after yesterdays storms. LOTS of it. Going to have to hang my net out and clean it before I go again. Got enough minnows to last the day, line in the water at 7:05am, and immediately caught a sheephead. YAY. (not) :rolleyes:.

One guy used my landing net to land a pike that looked about 3-5lbs. straight off the end of the pier about 20 ft out. He kept it. Someone I hadn't seen since mid June last year was there today and he went home with 1 white perch and 5 yellows. Also heard from multiple people that on Monday a walleye had been caught off the pier.

I fished til 2:40 this afternoon. Had a couple different guys yell at me to stop catching fish. They were getting tired of watching and wanted to do some catching:ROFLMAO:Despite the algae making a mess of my minnow net, I had another decent day.

Today's Catch:
1 catfish (about 5-6lbs)
3 sheephead
3 white perch
12 Yellow Perch, including my first double header of this young season (1 went back to grow some more, 11 same size range as previous weeks came for a car ride, now cleaned and vac sealed in the freezer.) Still haven't seen any yet that could be considered "jumbos"

Not sure yet when I'll be going again. Might be this weekend if the boss lady says we have nothing else planned, might be sometime next week.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks