Off Topic Gps

wetnets88

My lowrance hook 7 gps wont connect. And mph isnt working either. Any ideas?

I had to do the following update to mine, works fine now

HOOK 7 - with GPS Rollover Patch
Release Date: 11 April 2019
Version: 3.0 (GPS Rollover)
On April 6, 2019, a GPS Rollover event occurred.
GPS Rollover events occur every 20 years due to the date and time scale used by the Global Positioning System (GPS), which is based on counting weeks and seconds within a week. When the counter reaches 1024 weeks, it rolls back to week zero. If GPS products are designed without taking this into account, problems can occur with GPS products including incorrect date and time values and/or the loss of position information. Lowrance can confirm that all current generation devices are 100% compatible with the recent GPS week rollover event. There, however, are several legacy products that will require a software update.
Upgrade Instructions
1. Download the file
2. Copy to a blank micro SD card
3. With the unit turned off insert Micro SD in to the card reader
4. Turn on the Lowrance display. (If the update does not automatically start, follow the steps below)
a. Elite HDI/CHIRP & HOOK
i. Press Menu twice
ii. Arrow down to Browse Files
iii. Select the SD card
iv. Select the update
v. Press enter
5. After the update has completed, remove the SD card. The unit will shut down
6. Press power key to restart the unit
Download HOOK 7 - with GPS Rollover Patch

Thank you viking. I was just talking to a support tech in calgary and told me pretty much the same thing. You need to go onto "lowrance.com" and make sure you are on the U.S site.
1: click on help & support
2: manual software and upgrades
3:click on downloads
4: find your make of fish finder
5: download gps upgrade onto a micro sd card.
6: insert card into fish finder with power off. Turn on finder and it will update!!

Hope this helps anyone who runs into the same problem we have had.

So i downloaded the software upgrade on to an sd card and updated my fish finder. All good now. If anyone has this issue and is around tillsonburg area and wants to use my sd card for the upgrade your more than welcome. Just let know!!

Would this cause my chart to spin out of control? That’s what it’s doing right now for me. It’s stationary, hooked up to a battery outside and it’s spinning around in circles , anyone else have these issues.. it’s a lowrance hook 2 7

So i downloaded the software upgrade on to an sd card and updated my fish finder. All good now. If anyone has this issue and is around tillsonburg area and wants to use my sd card for the upgrade your more than welcome. Just let know!!
Good to hear you got it fixed.
Al

Hey wolkovitch....i would do the software upgrade. My gps had me in oklohoma. Lol. I bet it fixes your issues.

Hey wolkovitch....i would do the software upgrade. My gps had me in oklohoma. Lol. I bet it fixes your issues.
Talked to Josh. It still acquires gps signal he says sometimes they do that when they are stationary when you move it some how’s figures it out lol so here’s hoping. I’m going to the French river Friday morning for a week lol anyone have any walleye tips ? Or “pike” tips

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks