Finally spotted some Turkeys !

Old Cut LongPointer

Finally spotted a good size flock of Turkeys in my neighbours field approx. 15-20 birds. They were moving so it was hard to be accurate. Hadn't seen any large winter flocks just smaller (1/2 dozen or less ?) in all my travels. Two months to go but who's counting ? LoL !

Grey Bruce eh ? That explains the white stuff. LoL ! Down here on the Southcoast we didn't get a lot of that stuff this year which may be the reason the birds didn't gather together. We had a massive crop last year, as in fruit and nuts, etc. so food was plentiful and easy to find. Hope to see some very long beards this year !

Yea sounds like we will be getting a blizzard here today starting at 5pm, beinging of April have about 50+ turkeys roaming on the yard spotted one tom last spring with a double beard, the bottom beard was about 10" the top beard was about 8" hopefully he is still alive with the beards attched

These little jerks walk threw our bush and across our back yard to eat apples still hanging on the tree.

Attachments

• IMG_4427.png
    IMG_4427.png
    553.8 KB · Views: 43
I wonder what apple fed Turkey tastes like............ mmmmmmmmmm

Seeing more smaller flocks of Turkeys with a big boy strutting his stuff in each one. So aside from this last kiss of Winter we've had they are predicting an above seasonal temps and a drier then usual Spring. Makes me wonder how it will effect the birds breeding habits ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks