Feds Are Here

Hello Dave,

I saw them (two crews with two trucks and a rig) at "Neighbour's Restaurant" yesterday afternoon.

Later they were heading out for the bay.

Jerome

PS I have heard some "bad stories" about some hunters hunting outside of the unit so maybe they will "clean up" these hunters.

Yeah,
They pulled right up besdie our boat in the Marsh and did a complete check of everything. Funny thing, this was Saturday when the rain was pounding and they were not wearing any raingear. They continued on and check most of the bay. They were out in that rain for a long time with only their uniforms. They were soaked. I'm sure they are still feeling the chill in their bones from being so wet. I know I am. That rain was brutal. Good thing the bilge pumped worked!

What do they check? I would imagine your license, shells, birds, etc. But curious if they do check anything else like safety gear or what not.

They check everything as it relates to the hunting regulations. I have been stopped 3 times in the past 2 years, and not once were they concerned with whether or not we had vests, rope, etc.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks