Detroit river

Only if you re a Michigan resident. Their possession limit is 18. They can also use three rods if they figure out how to jig all three at once :) But daily limit is still 6.
Whether the possession limit is 12 or 18 the daily limit is six can I catch six in two different days and go home with 12?

this is the possession limit for Ontario

The possession limit is the number of fish you are allowed to have in your possession on hand, in cold storage, in transit or anywhere. Possession limits are the same as one day’s catch limit except where otherwise specified. If you catch a fish after reaching the daily catch or possession limit for that species, the fish must be released immediately. If the limit is zero, anglers may practice catch and release only, and any fish caught must be released immediately.

The only scenario is
You cross the border by land
You buy Michigan license
You stay in Michigan overnight, catching 6 fish each day.
You declare two limits on the border. You go straight home without fishing Ontario side.
I know people who used to go on snowmobile trips to Ohio for 3 days when there was ice on Erie on that side, and they would come back and declare 18 fish each at the Canadian border.

All Waters of FMZ 19
• *New* Two lines may be used when angling from a boat in open water.
*Updated Regulation* – Please note that this regulation was updated following the release of print copies of the Fishing Regulations Summary. For more information please visit ontario.ca/ fishingupdates.

Lol just take a fryer with you and feast Friday night and Saturday night
It was more for my buddy asking me he’s staying for the weekend. BUT
I think I’m going out Sunday if it’s worth the 6hr round trip. See what happens with the weather the next two days.
I’ll report back if I get out.

04-15-24: There's still a ton of fish in the river and even though the Canadian side is a little stained, it still holds lots of decent fish. We had our limit of nice eaters by noon so we went into the dirtier water close to shore where we still found some big females. Most were spawned out but some still had eggs, biggest we got was 27". Lots of 16-20" fish out deeper inside the mudline all the way from the Windsor art park down to Fighting Island. Super nice weather yesterday and lots of fun with @Fishfarmer and my son.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks