Delta Waterfowl and LPWA Meeting

Tundra Swan

Hello Guys,

I just sent this memo to Chris Hebert at the LPWA regarding our AGM tomorrow ... it is an update regarding the various species of swans in this province as well as a suggestion that will improve duck hunting for everybody.

Jerome

Hello Chris,

I would like to thank you for the update regarding our AGM tomorrow and I wish the Board of Directors all the best at the meeting. Unfortunately I am at home recovering from major abdominal surgery from last Friday (April 26) and therefore I will not be able to attend our AGM tomorrow.

I will continue my work regarding the invasive Mute Swan and a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season with the CWS having the full support from Delta Waterfowl, the OFAH and the Sakatchewan Wildlife Federation now behind me. I have recently reached out to the Trumpeter Swan Conservation Ontario organization regarding my new proposal to potentially double the current Trumpeter Swan population in this province. The Trumpeter Swan Society (based in Minnesota) has provided me with the habitat characteristics to make this possible as I will have the required funding available shortly.

I think that it would be a very good gesture on the part of the LPWA to make a contribution to Delta Waterfowl ... specifically their "Million Duck Campaign". I made a significant contribution to this specific initiative at the beginning of last year which will benefit all waterfowlers.

Jerome

Last edited:
Back