Burwell this am

tailfeathers

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Out this morning with 3 on board 18 walleye and a 6lb bow. Riggers worked well today down 40 then 6 color leadcore with divers then dipseys lure colors all caught fish spoons redfins and scatterlips. All in under 50 ft. No pictures as 1 is on their way to emerge to get a hook extracted. Can't believe he wanted a treble hook as a souvenir.

Glad they alright shame about losing a good treble lol
last time I did that I cut the hook to finish the day.
The doc was not pleased about it lol seems you are suppose to leave the hooks on the lure
I said next time I will try to remember that.

Was on on LakeO last Wednesday and my dad got a single treble hook in the wrist...hook was in a tendon and pinched up against a nerve...Thursday he was in the operating room (got knocked out) in order to remove it! Luckily it missed the vein/artery. Be carefull out there!!!

Attachments

• 20180718_150936.jpg
    20180718_150936.jpg
    973.7 KB · Views: 107
Them damn treble hooks can get you. Always fun sitting in emerg for a couple hours waiting to have it removed. Made for some interesting looks and conversations though
C84144A3-87D3-436E-A794-AF116BC5F835.jpeg

This is almost painful to watch showing you how to get hooks out but this guy is something else. :inpain:

This is one of my bigger fears.... I was musky fishing with some buddies a couple years ago. My one friend goes to set the hook, rips it out of the fish's mouth (it was about 5-10 ft from the boat) and the lure makes a bee line for his leg, where one of the trebles buried itself. We were on the french.... Ya maybe we cut his leg open a little.

Cool thing tho, i was in emerge recently (a buddy took a post pounder to the head). I was talking to the doc about how I used to use krazy glue for bigger cuts in my younger days. I made a joke thinking it wasn't the smartest habit I've had, and he said something to the effect of how incredibly useful it is for that reason!

Cool thing tho, i was in emerge recently (a buddy took a post pounder to the head). I was talking to the doc about how I used to use krazy glue for bigger cuts in my younger days. I made a joke thinking it wasn't the smartest habit I've had, and he said something to the effect of how incredibly useful it is for that reason!
When my oldest was still working on walking and not falling over he took a coffee table to the eyebrow and laid it open pretty good and off to the emerg we went. The doctor there used super glue for that cut as well. ( Not before gluing his thumb to my son’s forehead which broke the anxiety of the situation) The stuff works well I will say. And as far as the guy in that video... Well let’s say we all need a friend willing to put multiple hooks into himself so we can learn how to get them out...

@HotPickle the look on the Doctors face was pretty funny. He just turned and looked at us and said “uh oh... I’m stuck.” He popped his thumb off the poor kids forehead and reglued his cut again. Second time was a charm.

I must say that video creeped me right out more than the real thing in my boat. Water wolf is that why Owen's one eye is bigger lol just kidding.

Back