Burwell- July 12th afternoon

aces

On water at 3pm, off by 6...two man limit, mostly 3lbs with one 8 that was gill hooked so unfortunately was kept...42 - 47 feet of water straight out from port ( thanks to the two gentlemen we passed in the channel in the lund for the tips, you helped make our day, cheers) only 2 off the rigger, none on lead, rest on dipsies, dipsy back 82 feet on 3 setting...all spoon bite- body baits took none...wonder bread took 8 including 2 double headers greasy chicken and nascar took a couple each...almost all fish right around 3 mph...

Hey Aces!
That was my son and I coming off the lake in the Lund.
Yup we were just paying it forward buddy.
As we were going out we passed a single fellow coming back with a HUGE smile. He said exactly what we told you "straight out 42-46"
We were out for 3 hours about 1.5 were getting things going as it was our first out this year and had a fuel line issue( fixed now).
We had 10 in the box 1 silver 1 farm animal. But we had some big swells. Only used 2 rods as it was so rough but we wouldn't have been able to handle any more than that with the swells.
My leg is in a cast and this was a "can I handle it or not first trip out".
And yes I did pretty good for a 1 legged dog.

Glad to know you did well....
We are planning to go tomorrow again and every chance I can get....surgery in Sept.

We had fresh pickerel last night and it was like candy melting in your mouth!!
Love It!

@Honkey Donkey.....much appreciated brother, we probly would have blown past that depth, good on you for letting a fellow angler know, classy....great feed glad you enjoyed the day with your boy, mine love it too!!!!

Aces - gotta ask - what kind of cooker is that in your photo and where did you get? Like it? Looking to convert from propane tank/big pot/jug of oil/and propane cooker - your rig looks simpler and easy to use. Temp control? Is accurate? Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Balleye

On water at 3pm, off by 6...two man limit, mostly 3lbs with one 8 that was gill hooked so unfortunately was kept...42 - 47 feet of water straight out from port ( thanks to the two gentlemen we passed in the channel in the lund for the tips, you helped make our day, cheers) only 2 off the rigger, none on lead, rest on dipsies, dipsy back 82 feet on 3 setting...all spoon bite- body baits took none...wonder bread took 8 including 2 double headers greasy chicken and nascar took a couple each...almost all fish right around 3 mph...
Nice mine was all on led and pink Panties all of my limit

Aces - gotta ask - what kind of cooker is that in your photo and where did you get? Like it? Looking to convert from propane tank/big pot/jug of oil/and propane cooker - your rig looks simpler and easy to use. Temp control? Is accurate? Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Balleye
It’s an electric fryer we bought off of Amazon one night when we were having a fish fry with our families. Price was right and we have used it quite a bit with no complaints. It keeps temperature a lot easier than the propane ones.

Cheers,
Balleye

Hey bud...we love it, works excellent and was only about 120 delivered to our door off amazon...so much easier than propane to keep a constant temp, and the temp for fries, fish etc are written right on the dials...the only issue is that it takes quite a bit of oil to fill, so we buy the 16 liter Costco canola which lasts a while...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks