Boats for the Great Lakes

And ships are welded not riveted. Aluminum holds its value longer and tows better. I bought my Hewescraft out west and had it trucked to Ontario. No regrets! either use a dealer or have it taken to a marina for an inspection. Anything built for ocean use will be fine on Erie. Yachtworld is great site for looking. Maybe a Steiger craft or a Parker if you like glass boats. Nice not to see the same boat beside you.

I agree with landlocked comments.
Another thing will you spend most of your time on one lake. I lived in Oakville ,therefor lake Ontario. Have lived in port dover for awhile now therefor lake erie. I can tell you for sure the lakes and waves are very different. I would not take my present lake erie boat too far on lake Ontario.

So thank you to all those who have posted recommendations. I ended up buying at 2018 Campion Explorer 622. Super happy with it so far... and it’s Canadian made so I get to feel good about that! Got some Cohos too!

Attachments

• 5824A87C-E12E-4F01-BFFA-D79A1A6333A4.jpeg
    5824A87C-E12E-4F01-BFFA-D79A1A6333A4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
  • 1CFAEF53-D1AA-4482-8826-6F450C059E82.jpeg
    1CFAEF53-D1AA-4482-8826-6F450C059E82.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 75
So thank you to all those who have posted recommendations. I ended up buying at 2018 Campion Explorer 622. Super happy with it so far... and it’s Canadian made so I get to feel good about that! Got some Cohos too!
That’s a beauty. I keep an eye out for one of those. My uncle used to haul for Campion and I’d ride along..... too many moons ago...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks