Fishing Report Boat help

wetnets88

Fished out of burwell last night and boat ran horrible going out of channel and coming back in channel. Part throttle as most would know and dont know why. Getting up on plane was no problem and driving out to 50 feet was no problem. Trolled for 4 1/2 hours and no hiccups. I have a 89 wilker with a 130 hp I/O mercruiser with alpha one out drive. Any ideas??

Try running a bottle of sea foam in your gas. Carb is probably dirty. My motor ran the same as yours and after the sea foam back to good as new.

I've used it for several years in all my motors after being told about it by a marine mechanic in honey harbour. Google it as there are many youtube videos on how to use it.

Try running a bottle of sea foam in your gas. Carb is probably dirty. My motor ran the same as yours and after the sea foam back to good as new.
I would recommend Sea Foam to everyone and for any engine, large or small, 2 or 4 stroke.
It almost sounds too good to be true but it really works.
Give it a try.

I had the same problem two weeks ago on the ride from the boat ramp to the lake and back, but had no problem once I was on the lake. I came to the conclusion on my boat that is was vapor lock in the fuel system inside the engine compartment area. It happens to me when usually the temperature is close to 30c. I just added more vent to my engine compartment and a second bilge blower fan to help get rid of the heat buildup . The cheap gas these days seem to start boiling at lower temps now . Lots of videos on YouTube about Vapor Lock, hope this might help.

Back