Be Careful Walking In!

trky chsr

Tuesday walked in around 5:00, didn't make it 100yds got caught up on a small log and down I went ...hard! I also bumped my head on a different log. Once I got my wits about me I tried to shoulder my gun but no dice so home I went. I took my shirt off in the bathroom and noticed my right arm wasn't where it should be. Off to NGH and sure enough it's dislocated. So my season may be over before it started. Yes I was using a headlamp but I just didn't see the small log which was leaning on the larger log I bumped my head on. TC

Glad you made it out semi ok. Hopefully in 1-2weeks you can get back out.

have you dislocated it before?

My shoulder has been dislocating since I was 16 if I reach the wrong way too far out it comes I can get it back in myself tho
It will be stiff sore and weak for a few days then back to normal..
but I’ve been dealing with this for a long time and it wasn’t always so easy to overcome
I hope you feel better asap.
Try shooting with the other hand?
I practice both and just close my dominant eye when shooting with the opposite side. Can hit targets just as good 👍

have you dislocated it before?

My shoulder has been dislocating since I was 16 if I reach the wrong way too far out it comes I can get it back in myself tho
It will be stiff sore and weak for a few days then back to normal..
but I’ve been dealing with this for a long time and it wasn’t always so easy to overcome
I hope you feel better asap.
Try shooting with the other hand?
I practice both and just close my dominant eye when shooting with the opposite side. Can hit targets just as good 👍
This the first time. I can shoot left handed and have killed turkeys that way when they came in from the right. Right now it's in a sling but I see a physio guy today so we'll see what he says. I tried sitting in my turkey chair yesterday (at home) and with my shooting sticks it will work but I'm not going to be in a rush to get out there. My biggest concern is being able to load my kayak on the roof of the car. TC

Glad you're ok. A good reminder and reason to make sure you have the "find my phone" app activated on your phone in case you where knocked out or pinned down. I spend considerable hiking time in the bush and wife could find me (hopefully) if I was later than usual. Also when able I take a photo of the 911 road sigh that I'm at in case I needed to summon help. Gets help to the right property.

Ouch ! What a crappy way to start the season and glad it was not more serious of an injury. We are in big trouble if those turkeys are setting up booby traps for us... ? I bet they were sitting in a roost tree nearby giggling their little feathery asses off ! Hope you have a speedy recovery and may your next post be filled with intrigue, suspense and redemption.

This the first time. I can shoot left handed and have killed turkeys that way when they came in from the right. Right now it's in a sling but I see a physio guy today so we'll see what he says. I tried sitting in my turkey chair yesterday (at home) and with my shooting sticks it will work but I'm not going to be in a rush to get out there. My biggest concern is being able to load my kayak on the roof of the car. TC
Make sure they do an MRI to determine if any tissues were torn!
You can have your arm in an arm immobilized for as long as you want if the tissue is torn the problem will keep happening.
That’s my problem I have a partial tear in the liberal tissue that surrounds the joint holding it in place..
had I got an MRI done right away I wouldn’t have wasted time getting into see a surgeon.
Now with work and everything going on in my life I had to cancel two orthoscopic surgery’s to get it fixed.

Glad you're ok. A good reminder and reason to make sure you have the "find my phone" app activated on your phone in case you where knocked out or pinned down. I spend considerable hiking time in the bush and wife could find me (hopefully) if I was later than usual. Also when able I take a photo of the 911 road sigh that I'm at in case I needed to summon help. Gets help to the right property.
You can also share your location with a loved one all the time live location with iPhone just click on the contact and select share location. It will ask a time frame or all the time

and you can always carry an Air Tag in your gear, the Mrs can track me, my truck and my boat all on her phone and knows when I'm supposed to be home, she also watches where I'm fishing to get my hot spots....lol

Good advice. I have the What Three Words app but that doesn't do much good if I'm unconscious. TC

Make sure they do an MRI to determine if any tissues were torn!
You can have your arm in an arm immobilized for as long as you want if the tissue is torn the problem will keep happening.
That’s my problem I have a partial tear in the liberal tissue that surrounds the joint holding it in place..
had I got an MRI done right away I wouldn’t have wasted time getting into see a surgeon.
Now with work and everything going on in my life I had to cancel two orthoscopic surgery’s to get it fixed.
Just saw a fracture guy today and he was happy with the x-rays. He suggested physio which I will do. He said at my age there's only about a 10% chance of it recurring but I will talk to my doctor about an MRI. TC

You can also share your location with a loved one all the time live location with iPhone just click on the contact and select share location. It will ask a time frame or all the time
I send her the What Three Words location, plus I let her know where I'll be and when I should be back. Don't have one of those fancy iPhone things:) TC

Just saw a fracture guy today and he was happy with the x-rays. He suggested physio which I will do. He said at my age there's only about a 10% chance of it recurring but I will talk to my doctor about an MRI. TC
X-rays will not show a tear in the tissue
I would really push for the mri
It’s the only way to know for sure
Age has nothing to do with it

Thanks for the advice, I'll talk to my doc about it. TC
Not sure how close you are to London
But I would ask to be referred to the Hand and Upper Limb clinic in London!
Good luck!
I hate that my shoulder does this it’s the worst
Happens about once per year and that’s after learning everything I can and cannot do
When I was younger after my first injury it was happening all the time
Had to quit hockey, couldn’t participate in gym class, now I have to be careful everything I do.
Happened just a couple of weeks ago I reach back to shut a door and it came out!
My tear is on the front side so my shoulder comes out to the front
So I can’t reach backwards.

First time I saw a surgeon they were mad that my doctor never sent me to get an MRI

Anyways no problem for the advice I really hope you don’t have a tear and that this is the only time it will happen to you!

Good Luck!
IMG_5956.jpeg

X-rays will not show a tear in the tissue
I would really push for the mri
It’s the only way to know for sure
Age has nothing to do with it
Times 2 on the MRI, I'm dealing with a serious rotator cup issue which xrays and other scans have shown no issues but have been given the same advice telling me it with provide more detail. For now I'll deal with it but not for too long before it becomes a long term issue

Another thumbs up for the Hand and Upper Limb Clinic at St Joes.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks