bayfield river

Too late if you haven't went, water has dropped and cleared. First light will be your best chance. Try using chotas

Hey Jayway...Thanks again for your sacrifice and protecting our freedom, we all have the freedom to do what we do here because of our military and service personnel.....thank a vet guys...they deserve it.
How is the levels up bayfield/goderich way?

Thanks in advance
SB

Was at Bayfield on Nov 11 weekend. No fish caught by anyone. Hardly any water! It's really low. Not even any slow current. Hope things improve. Huron.

we had a lot of rain in London... was hoping to go up yesterday...thanks guys for the warning...has the bayfield slowed down for bullets too? They must be staging at the mouths still cause of survival or headed back out to deeper water, Bobo was catching lots has it gone flat? wow never seen a fall like this before. Might have to surf fish em with roe out at the mouths. Well I hope to head to st clair river again soon..let u guys know

Thanks again guys for the heads up

Today and maybe tomorrow will be your only chance for fish after this bout of rain. Graph barely hit 1 so it will be low but should have color . Let us know how it went if you go.

Hey thanks Bobo...im going to try this week ...float fishing roe would be best presentation for sure...man how deep is it? I might even hit the mouth or go up the maitland. I will let u guys know. Have u tried worms /night crawlers at all? How far up is the bayfield open to and I think the maitland is open to highway 4 right, I think the tribs are closed now.

Thanks in advance
SB

Today at the river was successful for myself, I left after two hours and kept my first and only rainbow of the year. Unlike bobo I use lures as well and caught him on a lure, I am unable to sit in the same spot all day but I no both can be successful. There was about 8-10 guys on the north side pier and I am unsure how they did. River was brutally low and just a bit of colour left, hopefully more rain to come.

Thanks for the update Guff...I'm going tomorrow but I'm going to try the maitland...cant go till afternoon bigger river, bigger holes heard some were caught at the highway bridge this morning....glad you have success with lures...I'm the same I'll fish out an area and cover more water with artificial but roe def has it's place in waters generally below 4'..going to try gulp trout worms 2.5" and float too..Let u guys know

Keep em tight!
SB

No I caught mine on a #2mepps aglia, first cast after trying row and worms throughout the morning ironically. Pure luck but made it worth the trip anyways.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks