any one turkey hunting

shutoutagain

my dad and i hunted separate fields opening morning and each harvested a nice tom. his was 20lbs with a 10"beard and 3/4" spurs and mine was 21.5 lbs with an 11" beard and 7/8" spurs.

I couldn't get the Tom to come in on Opening Morning, But I did get one this morning.....22.5lbs, 9" beard and 7/8" spurs...His fan was a little messed up and missing some feathers

Here's the photos

484572_10151427133983602_618545110_n.jpg395587_10151427135073602_295020467_n.jpg

Good Birds!

Nothing but jakes for me so far so I havent shot. Fishing today. Back at trukey tomorrow:)

I'm going to try to get out between job searches now that I'm locked out.

Maybe this year is my year to score my first.

I passed on a Jake opening morning but shot one of three that came in the second morning. The only year since we have been allowed two that I did not get both was a year I passed on a bunch of jakes early. So I decided not to let pride stand in the way of getting a bird. The next one will have to be a Tom or the last week of the season. I passed up on seven jakes on Sunday. Where I am hunting I have seen at least 14-15 jakes (probably a lot of the same ones over and over) and only one Tom and he was 200 yards away. Must have been a productive spring last year.

I passed on a Jake opening morning but shot one of three that came in the second morning. The only year since we have been allowed two that I did not get both was a year I passed on a bunch of jakes early. So I decided not to let pride stand in the way of getting a bird. The next one will have to be a Tom or the last week of the season. I passed up on seven jakes on Sunday. Where I am hunting I have seen at least 14-15 jakes (probably a lot of the same ones over and over) and only one Tom and he was 200 yards away. Must have been a productive spring last year.

Wow, that's alot of Jakes! I haven't seen one yet!! Sounds like you will have lots of Toms to choose from the next couple of years!

ya its been great being out in the woods again havent been able to seal the deal yet lots of good birds but lots of booming from other hunters so alittle shy at this point had 3 toms in this morning but 75yards was as far as they were coming lots of hens out too so time will tell good luck too all kirby

I'm still looking for bird #2...I'm finding the Toms are really henned up right now and have been tough to call in close, but the birds are busy and moving around, good luck!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks