Antler less deer draw closes June 30

Twister

Wtf now you have to buy the license first? Why do they keep changing it. Applied online last year and was told I didn't. No hunt for me. Make sure you get and keep your confirmation number.

I believe that you have needed to purchase a tag before you could apply for the antlerless draw for many years. I’ve always had to. Anyway I’ve invested and applied for antlerless and in two days can apply for controlled hunt. Fingers crossed as October and November will be sooner that you think.
Sorry for the bold print, will figure how to get it normal

Aw clueless me again then. I've always gotten an antlerless tag and just assumed I applied for it. Not a paperwork guy. Buddy said the draw closes on the 30th. I knew the dates changed so panic applied . All good though my unit is Close to 100% draw success.

Aw clueless me again then. I've always gotten an antlerless tag and just assumed I applied for it. Not a paperwork guy. Buddy said the draw closes on the 30th. I knew the dates changed so panic applied . All good though my unit is Close to 100% draw success.

If your just hunting controlled hunt, the will assign either antlerless or antlered only in your WMU depending on their harvest targets. The controlled hunt in the unit near my house you pretty much always get an either sex tag if you draw!

I only hunt the Controlled November week in 90B and it's always been for both sexes and you didn't have to buy a Tag until notified that you got pulled in the Validation Draw. I don't Bow hunt so I'm unsure if the Antlerless Draw would apply to that (Archery Season) in my area or just to the two week rifle hunt up North ?

And I applied for shotgun hunt this morning. I believe the dates to get your application in has changed. My buddy bow hunts and that's where the antlerless application comes from. I knew the dates had changed but didn't check for myself which was which. I just know if you miss the deadline no draw for you.

I only hunt the Controlled November week in 90B and it's always been for both sexes and you didn't have to buy a Tag until notified that you got pulled in the Validation Draw. I don't Bow hunt so I'm unsure if the Antlerless Draw would apply to that (Archery Season) in my area or just to the two week rifle hunt up North ?
Correct - in WMU90 the antlerless draw is for bow hunters who want the chance to take a doe. 100% success rate, but you still have to enter. Also means if you go up north for an open season, you have to pick whether you want to enter for wmu90 bow or up north. Not the smartest system IMO.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks