Fishing Report 16 August Port Glasgow

Lastchance

Late start yesterday, arrived at Glasgow at 9. Lake was flat, lots of boats out. Quick trip out to 55 fow. Setup dipsys and riggers and eventually one lead core to fill the gap over the motor haha. All produced well throughout the day, but I would say the lead was almost constant, mabie 10 minutes between bites on it. Ran dipsy mags on #3 setting ranging between 55-90 feet out. Downriggers ran between 35’ and bottom. Lead core out 8 colors (350’) with an orange and purple bomber. They were constantly moving up and down in the water column so we adjusted with them and it worked. We also averaged 3mph but were anywhere between 2.0 and 3.5 to keep the bite going.
Ended up with 30 (5 person limit), 2 rainbow (little rainbow wasn’t in good shape to release) and no farm animals. Let go and lost a lot more at least double . Monster walleye behind Dipsy broke off leader right before he was scooped into the net 😞.
As always it was a great day out there! We ended up hitting construction and road closures yesterday in each direction adding almost 2 hours to the already 6+ hr drive, but it’s worth it!

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpeg
    IMG_0762.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    313.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0760.jpeg
    IMG_0760.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0746.jpeg
    IMG_0746.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 83
Looks like a great day all around @Lastchance, the boys must of had a hoot of a time out there. (y)

Last edited:
Such a great time to have the family out ( kids are the best) and you will remember those days forever.
Some of the best times were when I took my kids out at an early age....they still love fishing to this day and are grown up now.

Looks like you had a great day on the water. Super results too....nicely done and I am sure the boys are still talking about it.

John

(One of my favorite photos is the one attached when I had 2 of my kids out at a very very young age...treasured times for sure)

20230710_113630.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing better than getting the kids out fishing. I have 2 sons that are all grown up. My Eldest son Justin 42 loves to hunt but only fish from shore as he gets seasick. My youngest son Derek 41 loves to fish for everything from shore or boat although his favorite is smallmouth fishing and largemouth. He does come out with the odd time for Walleye and Rainbows or Salmon. His Daughter Ruby 6 loves to go out on Grampa's boat and fish or just enjoy the ride.

Attachments

• Ruby Fishing 1.jpg
    Ruby Fishing 1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 26
Yep it’s great. I Keep them interested but I don’t push it. I’m hoping if I keep taking them they will remember me someday when they have their own boats lol. Erie is an amazing spot for showing our kids how much fun it really can be……without any electronic distractions.
It’s comical to see my son look at the radio when a couple people start chatting on channel 68. I tell them that was the only way we use to talk….

Back