Fishing Report 15th..at the big easy.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Company on board today was a couple of old geezers.. They had made the time to take me out and show me the waters of burwell years ago so it was only right that I put up with there shit for 1 day this season.
Set sail from port burwell marina around 2pm..passed by Mr Tailfeathers on his way in but he was already engaged in conversation with a stickered 68 member so I just slipped right on by to the promise lands.
Dropped the lines in 55 headed south and waited to see what sticks..
Ran a good number of techniques/presentations, baits/colors throughout the day, only a couple real stand out combos found to trigger a decent bite.
Silver streak mini wing was tops behind the dipsy at 100ft. red fins on deeper diver did well. 5color pulling Smithwick 10s went start to finish,they didn't catch fire but they didn't go dead either20220915_153301.jpg.
5 colors with #11 flicker minnow not much.. 7 color was a differnt tune so went back to back 5 color and added a 1oz keel wieght, 5ft leader and the flicker minnow..not bad. 60 ft less line,same fish catching results.
The big easy aint as easy as it was but still productive.20220915_232107.jpg
Connected with 29 . 5 smallest of the year throw backs. close to a dozen lost. Good amount of hits with no hook up.. a couple double and tripple header sheephead battles.
71.1°f
Cover 49-58fow..we hit a good stretch of water holding an active school of fish in 55-56fow and stuck with them for the remainder.
2.7mph.
Didn't mark much for bait but marked good hooks just below 40ft mark. Going by what the humming bird was revealing and the bite we had I would say the fish were scatterd about and gobbed up so If you get on some fish stay close/tight on the active school best you can before moving on, don't just keep cruising for miles..worked for us any ways.

Hey Six Grand. Nice report. Your haul is the best results I've heard in a bit. Perhaps it was karma for paying back your company. I will try your numbers and suggestions a bit further west and see if I can find any takers today.👍👍👍

Company on board today was a couple of old geezers.. They had made the time to take me out and show me the waters of burwell years ago so it was only right that I put up with there shit for 1 day this season.
Set sail from port burwell marina around 2pm..passed by Mr Tailfeathers on his way in but he was already engaged in conversation with a stickered 68 member so I just slipped right on by to the promise lands.
Ran a good number of techniques/presentations, baits/colors throughout the day, only a couple real stand out combos found to trigger a decent bite.
Silver streak mini wing was tops behind the dipsy at 100ft. red fins on deeper diver did well. 5color pulling Smithwick 10s went start to finish,they didn't catch fire but they didn't go dead eitherView attachment 65966.
5 colors with #11 flicker minnow not much.. 7 color was a differnt tune so went back to back 5 color and added a 1oz keel wieght, 5ft leader and the flicker minnow..not bad. 60 ft less line,same fish catching results.
The big easy aint as easy as it was but still productive.View attachment 65965
Connected with 29 . 5 smallest of the year throw backs. close to a dozen lost. Good amount of hits with no hook up.. a couple double and tripple header sheephead battles.
71.1°f
Cover 49-58fow..we hit a good stretch of water holding an active school of fish in 55-56fow and stuck with them for the remainder.
2.7mph.
Didn't mark much for bait but marked good hooks just below 40ft mark. Going by what the humming bird was revealing and the bite we had I would say the fish were scatterd about and gobbed up so If you get on some fish stay close/tight on the active school best you can before moving on, don't just keep cruising for miles..worked for us any ways.
Excellent report and as always very informative. Way to go!!

Hey Six Grand. Nice report. Your haul is the best results I've heard in a bit. Perhaps it was karma for paying back your company. I will try your numbers and suggestions a bit further west and see if I can find any takers today.👍👍👍
My karma for taking them out was having a 5color line spin for an hr before one them decided check what's up only to find the 18ft leader balled up to size of a golf ball. My 5 color was twisted on its self so tight it shorted by 35ft..backing twisted to shit for 100ft.. but they had fun! Lol.

Silver streak mini wing was tops behind the dipsy at 100ft. red fins on deeper diver did well. 5color pulling Smithwick 10s went start to finish,they didn't catch fire but they didn't go dead eitherView attachment 65966.
The big easy aint as easy as it was but still productive.View attachment 65965
71.1°f
2.7mph.
Nicely done again as on most of your fishing trips,with great detail & tip’s as well @SIX-GRAND 👍👍 🙂 There is still hope for some angler’s such as myself,that haven’t given up on the Lake Erie walleye fishing yet!! Now that my outboard motor has finally been repaired,( thanks to (@Xtreme marine),& ready to go,and a dozen of donut’s to the employees there,to keep me “afloat!!” LoL 😂 I am now therefore looking forward to do some Lake Erie walleye fishing again,while the weather is remaining quite nice for this time of year,and hopefully as well,the winds will remain light,for safe boating conditions. Tight lines to All!! & Be Safe & Walleye’s & even rainbow’s ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 36B574BE-D086-4B15-9BF7-7764305B5184.jpeg
    36B574BE-D086-4B15-9BF7-7764305B5184.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 996B50D6-CAAF-425D-A6E5-1AA0865A227A.jpeg
    996B50D6-CAAF-425D-A6E5-1AA0865A227A.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 4C606EFF-A9AC-45A0-AE19-9DE6AE63AFC3.jpeg
    4C606EFF-A9AC-45A0-AE19-9DE6AE63AFC3.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 26
  • F5118AEB-3995-4E65-9789-25B962C03354.jpeg
    F5118AEB-3995-4E65-9789-25B962C03354.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 9AA8CB53-8358-4762-9328-6362C96B2BEA.jpeg
    9AA8CB53-8358-4762-9328-6362C96B2BEA.jpeg
    684.4 KB · Views: 24
Six Grand:
Untangling your leadcore - make it a winter project - think of it as a jigsaw puzzle with a prize at the end for successful completion.👌👍👌

Six Grand:
Untangling your leadcore - make it a winter project - think of it as a jigsaw puzzle with a prize at the end for successful completion.👌👍👌
There is no untangling or saving that. I save everything I can..I'll even splice in a couple colors if a few colors can be saved.
Take a color of core Put one end in a vice and the other In a drill then spin it until it starts to look like twisted rope..then crank it some more till it really starts to tighten up and look like coil spring.. Then figure what five colors of that looks like.
Be better off trying to finish a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle with 100 pieces from another puzzle then untangling that mess.

Reactions: jck
Major bummer. I have not experienced the whole lead core thing, but I have seen it up close. Does it kink and distort when it gets wound up?

Major bummer. I have not experienced the whole lead core thing, but I have seen it up close. Does it kink and distort when it gets wound up?
It can & will kink and distort when it gets wound up. eventually the core kinks and breaks here & there and from my experience the outer sheath is not compromised when core is broke here and there or every where , the core makes it sink and the sheath does all the work.

Most of the time I can untangle and save it but this one was finished as it was not tangled but twisted beyond repair.

Six-Grand
Thanks for the explanation. Now I know at least a little about the mysterious leadcore phenomenon of which you speak.:unsure:

Back