15 Fish Farms West Coast Are Toast !

darton

Federal fisheries minister is not renewing the fish farm licences for 15 aquaculture farms out in BC. All fish farms will be done by 2025 she said ! Wild salmon who have to swim by these pens to get to their historical spawning grounds are catching too many viruses and the crap generated under the pens are deplorable. Might be a better idea to raise them on land and in a cleaner and more controlled environment. Thousands of workers are going to have to "Just Transition " Awesome documentary to watch is : "Salmon confidential, documentary about salmon farms in Canada " on youtube and it will raise your blood pressure !

Another one to watch on you tube is: "Farmed Norwegian Salmon World's Most Toxic Food" This is stuff you need to know !

BC needs natural salmon for forests to survive as it becomes a fertalyzer at the end of lifecycle. They even made a refrigerated river bed for successful spawn on headwaters of one of the rivers. And the natural salmon is in a big decline there. I spoke with a charter captain in 2018 in Vancouver, who coincidentally used to play for Guelph Storm when he was young. The guy was saying that the fishing been getting worse every year.

For those that never saw my Jan 10, 2018 Post: WE ALWAYS HEARD ABOUT THE PROBLEMS OF BC OPEN WATER FARM RAISED TROUT AND SALMON BUT THIS IS DISGUSTING

Disturbing New Footage Shows Diseased, Deformed Salmon in B.C. Fish Farms
The https://www.desmog.ca Link is now https://thenarwhal.ca/disturbing-new-footage-shows-diseased-deformed-salmon-b-c-fish-farms/

101713246_3130989166923292_2692628990589403136_n.jpg

Must be true as someone has said so on the internet!

Except I do not believe most would agree with this image or belief here

“This announcement will give us the opportunity to work with all levels of government, including First Nations, to secure a future that will benefit Indigenous and non-Indigenous coastal communities, meet the global demand for healthy, affordable seafood,”

This is just the ticket to eliminate “Canadian” fish farms and farming lisence a and hand the rights of the waters AND the licenses to the FN. that’s all. After all,,,, we need to hand them everything under this government.

Go ahead and fall for this woke BS… we are liberals after all

This got nothing to do with original post
🙄
Absolutely it does. Misinformation spread by woke lefties.

When fish are transferred from pen to pen (by vacuum pump), some will be inherently damaged.

Certainly scary and “triggering” images however. So triggering we should give all the “bath water” to the FN and feel better about it

In fact it does, as the same people that are pushing "fish farms are all bad" are the same as the ones that posted this image that I put here.
I was simply trying to grab the same amount of attention to the issues with an image that would garner a great deal of emotion due to the select audience here.
I think most here would be very concerned if all stocking programs ended, all the stocked fish in Canada are grown very similar.

In fact it does, as the same people that are pushing "fish farms are all bad" are the same as the ones that posted this image that I put here.
I was simply trying to grab the same amount of attention to the issues with an image that would garner a great deal of emotion due to the select audience here.
I think most here would be very concerned if all stocking programs ended, all the stocked fish in Canada are grown very similar.
Ok
I thought your point was not to fish

When we ban genetic improvements, eliminate any sort of pesticides & fertilizers, get rid of sustainable farms, and outlaw innovative ideas, we will have to eat the weakest humans first...I like mine well done. We have 7 billion hungry people on this plant and more every day, we need to figure out how to feed them all. A lot of this media junk is simply alarmist bullcrap. Do your own research before becoming outraged.

Last edited:
And 20 First Nations licences were just approved for salmon pens.

1. First Nations Right to Self-Determination: The Transition Plan must fully recognize and support Indigenous rights to self-determination and the rights of First Nations to make informed decisions on matters that impact their territories.
  2. Reconciliation: The Transition Plan must ensure continued opportunity for capacity building within Nations and equitable economic opportunities – as well as establish a framework for enduring long-term relationships.
  3. Governance: The Transition Plan must include a governance model based upon tripartite agreement (First Nations, federal, and provincial governments) – and provide a robust role in governance and oversight for Indigenous rights holders in whose territories the salmon farms operate.
“In BC, where fish farmers are under intense attacks by mainly urban-based aquaculture detractors, about 20 BC First Nations have partnership agreements for farming salmon in their territory producing 78% of all salmon farmed in the province”

The 15 lisence holders that that did NOT have there lisence renewed were “non First Nations”
Yet Canada addded and addition 20 to FN.

How fair is that and enough to spawn these “fear videos”..

I hope I never make it on G.Mech's weakest list, not sure I am fond of that idea! Dinner invitation may be another "not sure I can make it"

“In BC, where fish farmers are under intense attacks by mainly urban-based aquaculture detractors”

Lol. "Urban based aquaculture detractors". Let's just call them UBAD's for short.

And 20 First Nations licences were just approved for salmon pens.

1. First Nations Right to Self-Determination: The Transition Plan must fully recognize and support Indigenous rights to self-determination and the rights of First Nations to make informed decisions on matters that impact their territories.
  2. Reconciliation: The Transition Plan must ensure continued opportunity for capacity building within Nations and equitable economic opportunities – as well as establish a framework for enduring long-term relationships.
  3. Governance: The Transition Plan must include a governance model based upon tripartite agreement (First Nations, federal, and provincial governments) – and provide a robust role in governance and oversight for Indigenous rights holders in whose territories the salmon farms operate.
“In BC, where fish farmers are under intense attacks by mainly urban-based aquaculture detractors, about 20 BC First Nations have partnership agreements for farming salmon in their territory producing 78% of all salmon farmed in the province”

The 15 lisence holders that that did NOT have there lisence renewed were “non First Nations”
Yet Canada addded and addition 20 to FN.

How fair is that and enough to spawn these “fear videos”..
Same thing happened to fishing tugs in Georgian Bay in the 90s.

Back