Search results

1. anonymoose

Rat Dinner

The Lions Club never disappoints! It was a bit of a challenge to find tickets this year but a friend came through and I was able to get a few.
  2. anonymoose

Sep 20 Last Minute Dash - Burwell

Decided to make a late run for Burwell after work. Launched just after 5:30 and ran to 58FOW. Got 3 lines wet before they found each other :banghead: and lost the first fish in the process. Reeling in a triple dipsey tangle with a walleye attached is the kind of fun only team @anonymoose can...
  3. anonymoose

Fishing Report Yet another Burwell July 19 Report

Couldn't turn down an invitation from Captain @noclass, doubly so with the weather forecast being so great. Unfortunately, with a capable captain at the helm, the comedic value of this fishing report will be severely diminished. Left port shortly after 4 and fished 4:30-7. Set lines in 58FOW...
  4. anonymoose

First trip from Burwell

Well the full team @anonymoose ran out of Burwell today. Setting out from port I couldn't help but notice the @Cap'nkirk vessel docked with nobody aboard. "This will be a tough day on gear" I said. It was the first and only time in my life that I've been wrong. A quick jaunt out to 60' and...
  5. anonymoose

A Father's Day on the Bay (with bonus ramp entertainment!)

Team anonymoose hadn't yet hit the water for 2023. I had pulled the tarp off the boat and brought it up to the house yesterday. It was full of mouse shit. I managed to get it vacuumed out and new mouse bait installed before heading out for my Saturday Father's Day duties. I've chuckled for...
  6. anonymoose

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the fishing dads out there. You might be a dad if an old muff still gets your motor running!
  7. anonymoose

Sky time

Went for a stroll in the sky today. Just cell phone pics but thought I'd share.
  8. anonymoose

Shrooms

Yesterday after an unsuccessful turkey hunt I decided to try some pheasant backs. They were pretty bland and lived up to their reputation as a b-grade mushroom. They would be better to cook with than enjoy on their own. Redeemed myself today with some morels! Flagged a few small ones and will...
  9. anonymoose

Rats

Another fantastic muskrat dinner put on by the Lions Club. Great to see them back in action after a couple of years off.
  10. anonymoose

Winter Project - Old ATV

I figured I'd jump on the trend here and post about my winter project. My dad bought this Polaris Sportsman off the lot in '94 and I've been trying to keep it running. The trouble started one day when I went to the shop and found that it had dropped all of its 2-stroke oil on my floor. That's...
  11. anonymoose

Your best fishing spot

Stolen from @tailfeathers FB
  12. anonymoose

Human Remains Found on Long Point

https://globalnews.ca/news/9227400/human-remains-located-in-lake-erie-near-long-point/
  13. anonymoose

Lady Erie's Last Laugh

Team @anonmymoose made it down for a 7:30 start and gave a neighbourly "hello" on my way out to @Cap'nkirk on my way out. He must have spied the precious cargo of young anglers, the janky rig I was captaining, and recalled my history of general bumblef@ckery, put all this together, and decided...
  14. anonymoose

Burwell Aug 12

OK another day another trip, no entertainment today just need to brag about this fattie 9lbs 9 Oz off the rigger 42 feet down. Went out to 62 around 5:30 trolled back until dusk, 19 in the box plus 2 bows. No farm creatures. Captain @noclass put up with my antics for another evening and I...
  15. anonymoose

Burwell Aug 10

I was lucky to get an invitation from @noclass to hit the water last night. We were on the water around 5 and headed to some productive marks from a previous trip, and quickly decided to approach them from a different direction due to the wave activity. We set lines and trolled with the waves...
  16. anonymoose

Birds nest ASMR

OK, so it isn't back on its rod yet but got this 5 colour tangle undone and loaded backwards on an unused reel. Thanks @Cap'nkirk for retrieving it for me!
  17. anonymoose

Burwell Tomorrow

I haven't been trolling once this year. Tomorrow morning is the only time I can get out for the next 2 weeks. Saying chance of thunderstorm in the morning Saying low wind though: I need you guys to just tell me that it won't rain tomorrow so that I book the day off and go fishing.
  18. anonymoose

Ice Safety: Another Grim Reminder

Most of you have likely seen this... so tragic: https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/terribly-tragic-search-entering-day-2-after-girl-10-fell-through-ice
  19. anonymoose

Duck hunting Saturday's Wind

https://www.norfolktoday.ca/2021/12/14/update-police-provide-more-information-regarding-duck-hunters-in-distress-during-saturdays-wind-storm/
  20. anonymoose

What tarp for winter storage?

Hey all, As a classic cheapskate, I tarp my boat for storage every winter rather than shrink wrapping. It works well but I wind up buying one of those silver TSC tarps every year or two. Is there anything that I can get a little more life out of that won't break the bank? Cheers
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks