Search results

1. P

Kicker mounting ??

I turn my main all the way to the left, check clearance and then mount the kicker. Take it out for a run, test everything, once satisfied through bolt in place. I then use a bar that slides over the motor clamps and put a lock through the end. I made mine out of some scrap square tubing...
  2. P

Turkey season over

Sorta, Wellington County. I shoot at the Huron fish and game, that might be near you.
  3. P

Turkey season over

Nice birds! I’m mainly using my crossbow now. It’s very low key. Killed tommy opening morning. Passed a jake yesterday. Some good scenery from the deer. I like to stretch it out a bit. Depending how much fishing I do, I may not get out again until May long weekend!
  4. 11335506-2A0F-493F-AE17-25F15CCDCE70.jpeg

11335506-2A0F-493F-AE17-25F15CCDCE70.jpeg

5. 63F89ABA-63C6-432B-A494-050B8DFB145E.jpeg

63F89ABA-63C6-432B-A494-050B8DFB145E.jpeg

6. 2473F59D-F486-400F-99E2-BE8728D6E94E.jpeg

2473F59D-F486-400F-99E2-BE8728D6E94E.jpeg

7. P

Feep fryer oil

I use a pot and fryer basket. I get about 5-6 fry’s out of mine if I strain it, which is a bit of a pain in itself. But most of the sediment sinks to the bottom while your letting it cool anyway so it’s usually only the last bit needs straining.
  8. P

30-06 vs .270

If you read closely, you will likely find the .270 restriction is strictly a limit for hunting purposes in southern Ontario. My range is in a .270 restricted zone. We shoot all calibers lawfully when at the range as the restriction is for hunting only, not target shooting. Unless your...
  9. 402E3EDA-5F0D-4344-A2E4-6555B35C75EE.png

402E3EDA-5F0D-4344-A2E4-6555B35C75EE.png

10. P

Off Topic Last kick at the can.

If you only want to hit one fishery, then a slip may be the right choice for you. I fish as soon as the launch is free of ice in Owen sound and travel around to hit different fisheries until the first day of bow season. I only fish Erie when it’s hot hot. I’ve no interest in grinding there...
  11. P

Off Topic Last kick at the can.

What he said. I winterize in my driveway. Storage was a matter of making a bolt together 2x4 frame fit to my boat for snow load. Again only a one time deal. I can take it apart in the summer and store in my shed. I trailer everywhere because of where I live, but I don’t think I’d pay docking...
  12. P

Communication on the water

Text only as long as there is service. Don’t use the VHF much for anything anymore
  13. P

Surface Drive Horse Power pick?

Another vote for more power! you’ve got what you’ve got and your gonna run it, but LPB made me switch from Jons to 14 foot V hulls for hunting.
  14. P

Installing a transducer ?

Looks like they sell a splitter on Amazon. The hds 9 I’m using has 2 ports for sonar. I couldn’t tell you how to set up, I’ve either run 2 separate units before, or now I have the 2 sonar ports.
  15. P

Bandit lures for walleye

Any of the purples and any of the chartreuse have worked good for me. Same with the cream soda pink or whatever they call it. That purple one six grand posted has worked pretty good for me on Nippissing too. I like the bandit deeps with a 2 ounce snap weight 50/50 method off a board. Works...
  16. P

Side sonar?

I have used my side scan to mark pods of pickerel off either side of the boat, marked a pin on them and spun around and caught fish. That said, no I don’t use it a lot. In the lowrance at least, I find the 2D chirp sonar quality from the 3 in 1 transducer to be excellent. I keep the big...
  17. P

Mainly bottom contour. The nice thing is I never lose bottom with the HS transducer. If I want to graph I just slow down.
  18. P

If you have a rooster tail it’s not necessarily due to it being too low, sometimes it’s water shooting between the mount and the transducer. I mount my SI transducer just a hair below the hull line. I also angle it up a bit to catch my cannonballs. The reason I do this is simply because I...
  19. P

Perch in Goderich - Spring Fishing at Port Franks

Mind sharing the contact info. That’s not far from me and I need a custom travel cover done for my new rig. Tks
  20. P

Port Glasgow 2024

I really like Glasgow. Might have to look elsewhere though. $25 is pricey for Erie.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks