Search results

1. allaroundhunter

Port Bruce - June 19 morning

With the wind on the lake ,while trolling, likely less effective but could still be worth a shot!
  2. allaroundhunter

gobies in lyne river

Sculpin...caught one there today. In the Ontario Out of Doors June 2017 issue there is a small article on on identifying sculpins from gobies.
  3. allaroundhunter

end sunday hunt?

Sunday hunting applies to more than just waterfowl. You would be taking away Sundays from turkey hunters, and deer hunters too!! If you want a later goose season lobby to have goose season extended or a later opener…or hunt another area. Need to promote more sustainable opportunities, not take...
  4. allaroundhunter

Ice Season almost over on Simcoe

Did way better than me...lots of follows but no bites :( from the targeted species. But, still had a great day on the ice. My highlight was one fish following me up 25ft before returning to the depths. Had the herring completely block out my sonar...was crazy looking down the hole and watching...
  5. allaroundhunter

Another Simcoe white fish bonanza

That sucks...always ruins your day when you get crowded!! Nothing I hate more than poor fishing etiquette. Had the same thing happen to me out of St Williams, on a school of fish and then 15ft away someone starts cutting holes and spooks the fish away! Drives me nuts. I go out there to relax and...
  6. allaroundhunter

st williams

I was out about 3/4 of the way out to where the operators had their huts set up. Started fishing at 6:30am had my limit by 10:30am. Best day I have ever had on the bay without a doubt!! Fish under me the entire time and all fish were 9 inches plus. The few dinks I caught we released to grow...
  7. allaroundhunter

Can't tow ice hut with a rope anymore true or false

Someone lost their hut while towing it out today, damn thing slid pretty close to me came to rest 15 feet away!!
  8. allaroundhunter

Another Simcoe white fish show

extremely jealous .....again!!
  9. allaroundhunter

Ice season opener report

14 more whitefish....I just want to catch one!! Never caught one before hopefully my next time out I get lucky!
  10. allaroundhunter

Catch and Release

The best way to hold a fish for a picture, that won't harm the fish, is by the tail and under the belly. First wet your hands. Grab a hold of the fish close to the tail with one hand. Take your other hand and support the fish's belly. Snap the picture and revive the fish before release!!
  11. allaroundhunter

Any Wallys left lurking around the elbow?

Went 4 for 6 on sunday 2 hours of fishing. Even had one triple header. Was a nice day out there
  12. allaroundhunter

Knots for 20-25lb Fluorocarbon

I would say the Albright knot or "Leadcore knot" is your best two options with flouro to lead core or braid. Also, always always wet the knot when tying flouro!!!!
  13. allaroundhunter

Stoney Lake

Bring some top water frogs!! I fly fished with frog poppers off of points and weed beds last year on Stoney with constant success. Dawn and dusk casting close to shore caught me multiple bass over 3lbs. Very good advice above too!! Not too much more to add.
  14. allaroundhunter

Port Dover

I have caught and have been seeing the odd jumbo (10 inches +)caught...been very slow fishing this year though. Guys with 10+ fish usually have a bunch of tiny (6-7 inches) perch in there pails and one or two good sized ones. On top of that it takes about 6+ hours of fishing to maybe get around...
  15. allaroundhunter

Good Friday Deep Fry

I shouldn't have viewed this thread with a hunger on....pure torture!!
  16. allaroundhunter

Boat Seats

Sail store had boat seats on sale $50 might be worth a look
  17. allaroundhunter

Looking for recommendations

Thanks again guys...safety is a big point for me. Like I said i'm new to boating sooo feeling "safe" really means something to me. Although I do know you are never really truly "safe" until you are off the water. Is that like a general rule scrimmy that aluminums will be better on fuel economy...
  18. allaroundhunter

Fresh Chrome to Start The Season

Thats a beauty LIR.
  19. allaroundhunter

Thanks guys for the replies. Have look at the trophy and key west boats before. They look pretty sharp for fishing. And scrimmy I looked at your boat in the classifieds...not sure exactly how soon I'll be looking to purchase though
  20. allaroundhunter

Just would like to say hello to everyone out there. New to the forum. A good community here. A little bit about me; been living on the lake my whole life, a shore fisherman, and a fishing nut. I've now seem to have run into a good problem. I'm looking at expanding my fishing opportunities. I...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks