Search results

1. fish4fun

Launching Boat alone

I pull approx. 6 ft of the winch strap out and leave it hooked to the boat. Back in, the boat floats off the trailer but doesn't float away. I leave both bow and stern ropes out for easy grabbing. once boat is floating , tie off to dock, unhook winch strap and park trailer. The KEY is to be...
  2. fish4fun

Off Topic Fishing zone question

I have 7 zones. 11,13,14,15,16,17,19 Forgot zone 8... so that makes 8 total.
  3. fish4fun

Mooring Tarp

Joe Dale does great work. He is just beside xtreme marine in Nielstown. 5 minutes north of the 401, Westchester Bourne.
  4. fish4fun

Off Topic Dipsy colours

I use wonder bread and a blue green silver combo, they have worked very well the last couple years. I have a copper one that I haven’t had much success with.....could have been the day. I bought 3 new colours this year to try, candy blue u.v., candy purple u.v., and a green purple fire tiger...
  5. fish4fun

Off Topic affordable/quality rain gear

I bought Rapala bibs and jackets. They were 150 ish each, which is cheaper than 500.00 and I love them. The only complaint I would have is with the jacket, if it's I a cold rain, and I only wore a t-shirt under it, it feels cold on your shoulders. But if you have a sweater on under, which you...
  6. fish4fun

Off Topic affordable/quality rain gear

I bought Rapala bibs and jackets. They were 150 ish each, which is cheaper than 500.00 and I love them. The only complaint I would have is with the jacket, if it's I a cold rain, and I only wore a t-shirt under it, it feels cold on your shoulders. But if you have a sweater on under, which you...
  7. fish4fun

Lasalle test run

Thanks @Juger. I called the marina, and I would say it's a grey area at best as to whether or not it will work! Lol. There are no services, ie water sewer or hydro, which is fine by me, but the answer was ..... you are intitled to parking when you launch, no specifications on the vehicle that I...
  8. fish4fun

A place to stay/camp on the D.

Does anyone know of a place where I can launch/overnight at the same place? I have recently purchased a motorhome that easily pulls my boat. I was hoping to drive it down the night before, sleep in it and launch early. Does any know of a marina/campground that offers that service? I would go...
  9. fish4fun

Lasalle test run

Does anyone know of a place where I can launch/overnight at the same place? I have recently purchased a motorhome that easily pulls my boat. I was hoping to drive it down the night before, sleep in it and launch early. Does any know of a marina/campground that offers that service? I would go...
  10. fish4fun

Losing my best friend

Bob, sorry for your loss. I too know it's like to lose a dog. Sorry I just read this. I have been away for a few days. But the day I met you and your dog, I could see how good friends you were. Time heals all wounds. Good luck the rest of the season.
  11. fish4fun

Musky fever

@Loonietoon i d I'd see your add, but the missus has put a slow down at tackle shopping for the season........ lol. I'm not sure I'd be sleeping in the house if I came home with more. But thanks for pointing it out. Lol
  12. fish4fun

Musky fever

You got that right, I bought 4 body baits up there, and a two 150lb Floro leaders kits ( after a musky bit through my braid, not using a leader) . And was in in close to 150.00 lol. But what a thrill when they hit. They hit like rainbows on steroids!
  13. fish4fun

Musky fever

It is in between Young's point and Lakefield.
  14. fish4fun

Musky fever

I have been staying at Lakefield camp ground for a holiday with friends and family. Generally we don't get to fish too much on this trip as it is more sight seeing, going through the locks, campfires and playgrounds for the kids. I was able to sneak out twice this after after 6:00pm and...
  15. fish4fun

18 miles and you really want a nice flat day. 18 miles is a LONG way if the lake turns on you.
  16. fish4fun

Northern Campgrounds

How far north are you thinking? There are lots of camping spots available along the Trent Severn, most of which is very good fishing. There is also good fishing on Ahmic/beaver lake which is part of the magnetawan system, also lots of camping choices there. All of those recommendations are...
  17. fish4fun

Fishing Report record fish??

IMO, they are very close to the same size. I would hardly say the Chicago fish, dwarfs the OP's fish. Either way, it's a damn big sheepshead.
  18. fish4fun

The elbow

Thanks. Half the fun is trying to figure out a new spot.
  19. fish4fun

Start up trollers, good deal found on classified pages.

I have no skin in the game, but @Booyah! has a good opportunity for sale. Perfect for a new to deep water troller. Check it out. Happy trolling.
  20. fish4fun

Heading out from Port Burwell

60 ft is nowhere close to the US side. I had good luck with dipsy set in number 3 back 150' with a silver spoon/ with blue/ green/ black colour. Lead has been the best for me this year, 7-10 colour, and a silver and blue Redfin.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks