Search results

1. Paul Hodges

rescue

has anyone heard anything about rescue 5 miles out of port bruce last night? heard on scanner about 10pm, fire, ems and opp called out, someone from beach seen flares shot up and later around midnite they had towed a boat in
  2. Paul Hodges

steering hydraulics

well I have a 17 ft bowrider with a 115 hp outboard hanging on the back, my steering is starting to get stiff to steer, so over the winter, I have to replace unit, been looking at different steering options and one of them is hydraulic system I can get for about 600-700 dollars, I thought about...
  3. Paul Hodges

rough lake conditions

so any idea if lake is going to calm down, seems when looking at weather and bouy reports, it is not going to get better anytime soon, I know we are getting closer to the hunting season, but I,m not ready to park the boat just yet
  4. Paul Hodges

anyone out of bed yet?

was getting ready to maybe head to port Stanley, but looked at bouy data, it says 1.6 feet out at bouy, wind is dead in st Thomas , seems weird,don,t want to get down there and find out it is rough out there, maybe have to wait for Hortys morning report
  5. Paul Hodges

St Thomas Area

just for everyone, to let you know , there has been a rash of break ins on boats in St Thomas, parked in driveways with covers on them, they are looking for electronics, fishing gears, downriggers, so please remove any important items out of your boat when parked at home, so far it seems to be...
  6. Paul Hodges

flashers

was wondering if anyone when they are trolling for walleye and rainbows using downriggers, do you use any flashers in order to attract the fish, or is it better not too, not really talking about large flashers, sorta about 6 inches long or so Thanks in advance
  7. Paul Hodges

port stanley05/13

well left port about 9, straight out to 55 feet, trolled to 65 feet, using downriggers, caught one big walleye, down 35 feet in about 55, couple knock offs after that, threw quite a few colors out at them but nothing else in the well, so about 2pm, headed to pumping station, caught 5 nice perch...
  8. Paul Hodges

old question,

does anyone know of anyone with minnows , drove around this morning , nobody has any, even rush creek said on sign, no minnows , mollys sold out
  9. Paul Hodges

cleaning lures

well went out at turkey point at around 7 this morning, water pretty good for a ride out, didn,t venture too far , trolled at around 40 to 45 feet, didn,t mark a single fish, tried changing colors and lures, bodybaits, but notta thing, would have tried the kitchen sink, but didn,t bring it, well...
  10. Paul Hodges

turkey point or inner bay

well it looks like the big lake is going to be choppy tomorrow, does anyone have an idea on how out of turkey point and outer bay might be tomorrow, or should I consider the inner bay, I do have a 17 foot bowrider with 115 hanging on the back , but was thinking about heading to the long point...
  11. Paul Hodges

Pike

on cbc news , in thunder bay, someone caught a huge pike, it was 1.25 meters long, everyone now is afraid to go swimming in that area now, I know I would thjnk twice about it
  12. Paul Hodges

notice on other website

someone had gear stolen off boat at north erie marina lately, 5 rod combos with orange and yellow tips, so if any one is trying to sell this stuff, maybe we can help him out
  13. Paul Hodges

walleye

is there any place in the outer bay,at long point to troll for walleyes or not, just sometimes the big lake can get rough, but want to look for another location to go out thanks in advance
  14. Paul Hodges

maps

was wondering is there is a map with depths of lake erie, say out of port Stanley, like how far it is out in order to get to certain depths, not sure if you can go east or west to get in deeper water or just straight out towards south shore
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks