st williams

Hey folks
New to the sight was wondering how the fishing has been in the bay? I am normally fishing lake simcoe this time of year but with work I have been limited to time out and live a lot close to the bay than simcoe . I also haven't fished the bay in years, still have some good spots marked off the old cut and ec 10 bouey.
What's the fishing been like so far this season.

Thanks for any info

Went out at 8 and came in at 3 with Grangers. Catch was hit and miss all day. Two of us had 29 keepers and quite a few dinks released. Fishing buddy was Lucky enough to catch a mud puppy. Enjoyed our day otherwise.

Last edited:
That's great to hear, so there are some perch around than. I spoke with the operator the other day and he said the fishing was on fire. Didn't make it out yet but i am trying to range what he considers on fire. 29 fish for the day isn't bad

Went out Wednesday 28th 8am till 5. Family of 6, two separate huts from RR. Bite was sporadic with a few every hour. Pretty good day, kept 25 keepers and threw back that many. Enough for a fish fry and family memories so what more could you ask for. Saw a guy with a monster perch, man was she huge, I'm thinking 13 + and hefty. Should be hot today with the weather thats approaching.

I was out yest 28th ,10 till 4:30...brought home 15 but there were none to brag about,,,,met 2 guys on shore who fished 7-4:30 & had the same number as I had....fishing was not on fire 4 us,,,nore have I had a gud day yet,,been out of St. Williams 3 times ..

I know the operators try to make it sound better than it is but figured I would ask to see what was really going on . I also know you can't be on fish everyday especially when fishing Erie

st. clair perch fishin was on fire last weekend with many limits taken also a few pike and pickeral caught....lots of fishers too...Long point bay ice fishin has been a disappoint for many years...I am sure the vets remember when it used to be good with steady catches of quality perch throughout the season on the inner bay. There was also good catches of crappie and gills in the cuts....those days are gone...

My friend and I were out there on Saturday and did real well. From 8 am to 4 pm we got 60 keepers. Jigging was key, we only used a few minnows all day. Stayed off to the side of the crowds too, fish were spooked easy

ShaunC: we actually jigged Swedish pimples and tipped with a piece of minnow or just bare worked good most of the time, the flash attracts them from a ways away

fished wed out of the old cut just east of the group (9 till4) 4 guys 38 fish .only threw back maybe 6. i skinned them and ended the day with 8lbs . one fish was 15" lots 12 . most fish where just one or 2 at a time but did get 5 keepers about 3pm all together

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks