The "General" in Port Bruce.

they are removing all fluids today ,removing load monday,tuesday truck ,if all goes as planned,,,sucks for people down there today working ,that wind is raw
31 mins
Rush Creek Line is not blocked all those vehicles are from Enviro Tech and are here to remove all fuel and fluids from the truck. I was talking to a gentleman from the company a supervisor who told me the truck will be removed Tuesday with a 350 Tonne Crane and public will be notified because Rush Creek Line will be fully blocked.

Last edited:
I'm know expert in crane lifts, but could a crane that size remove the bridge sections? I've heard the truck remove is a insurance exspence , once that was done just switch to cty/twsp bill? Just thinking well it's there and set up?

I'm know expert in crane lifts, but could a crane that size remove the bridge sections? I've heard the truck remove is a insurance exspence , once that was done just switch to cty/twsp bill? Just thinking well it's there and set up?
It may be insurance that's having the truck removed but don't think for a second they will happily eat the bill for the costs.
If it is shown to be a bridge issue (my guess it will be) the County will be either agree to reimburse of they will end up in court only increasing the costs.

Either way, if it's capable, the crane is there, save the travel and set up cost, road closures are in place? The cost are going to be what they will be, sad but eventually we'll all end up paying one way or another?

no ,it says demolition contractor so i think its being broken up, now it would make sense to reuse it for erosion protection along banks in area ,but sure they will not,i no i would love to have it here.

the london free press said the temp bridge its self was $600 000 to buy

Last edited:
So drag the sections out of the creek, smash them to truckable size and rent a acre or two at the top of the hill to pile them for now? Great idea of re-using them RC. Open up the water way, bet the two marinas and private docks are already checking on who to bill?
Cost will only go up, setting up all the work groups again will only double it ?
Just saying, OPP, H1, Bell, Gas , twsp, county, they'll all cost, if that crane is there, and it could work?? What a shame to double it?

did ask county ,answer ''no comment '',a local lawyer here a few years ago told me how municipalities work, they hire all law firms in the surrounding area at least once so then its conflict of interest so it makes things harder and more money for people to come after them.

Last edited:
OK, what nice person is going to take a video of the removal for us lerkers on hear.:giggle::geek:

neighbour plans on putting in boat and filming it from west side,,so we will see,also according to london free press they make it sound like pieces of bridge just maybe lifted out ,dragged out ,to help in investigation ,that is some big pieces to move as one ?

http://lfpress.com/news/local-news/truck-soon-to-be-removed-from-downed-port-bruce-bridge

cold swim for someone,,,

1521376182215.png

Look's like we gotta be there early for a 'good vantage spot' on Tuesday. SPRING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Back