Hunt camps or public land??

can't miss

I was at a stag and doe last weekend, and quite a argument broke out amongst a group of guys over who gets to hunt, ( deer and moose}, on public lands. I've never hunted in the north for large game, so I'm only asking, seemed each group had their points.
Arguement was about hunt camps on public ground having sole tenure, hunting rights to a area because they have been established since the beginning of time, and the other group saying like hell, its public land.
I've never heard of this, but the two groups where sure about their stance's, so I'm just asking how does it work, just curious?

And to the ATV owners , who we share crown land with . If we have enough sense as hunters , to stay clear of trails the ATV people are using , then they should have enough sense to do the same . The county decides what activities go on in crown land , not the riders or hunters . And as riders , if it is posted horse trail , or no motorized vehicles , pedestrians only ( as in the example of the dirt 6th , for those who use it ) , then follow the rules . And if you don't understand them as they are clearly marked , contact the county to explain it to you . We are all sharing crown land , where permitted . That's horse riders ,pedestrians , hunters and ATV riders . If there is a problem , read the rules regarding crown land in your area . It's called respect and in some cases , where there are studies going on regarding , wildlife or vegetation , there should be even more attention paid to , especially if you want to keep your access .

And then their are people that post signs on Crown Land without consent. Its a free-for-all at times. I remember a road being block off and signed Private Property, trespassers will be charged, Cameras. After a short talk and visit to the OPP found the truth, " Crown Land " and has known about the gate, just doesn't get involved

And then their are people that post signs on Crown Land without consent. Its a free-for-all at times. I remember a road being block off and signed Private Property, trespassers will be charged, Cameras. After a short talk and visit to the OPP found the truth, " Crown Land " and has known about the gate, just doesn't get involved
Kinda going thru the same by Croton Dam w/gates . Farmer has a key , but try and get access . If I want it bad enough the township will open it .

Kinda going thru the same by Croton Dam w/gates . Farmer has a key , but try and get access . If I want it bad enough the township will open it .

Yep used to regularly walk my dog down there take the . 22 out for some squirrels. There was a small parking area that was gravel and the dirt road to it was just fine. Ive gone back there a few times since but now you have to pretty much park in front of the gate or on the edge of the cow field. With the farmer watching everything your doing.

He only got this done cause he got a huge new barn built down at the end by the parking area and I assume is afraid people will trespass. Christ he could have just put a gate across his land.

The same happened with the access behind the soccer park in Delhi. County blocked off both entrances.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks