That's a Lot of Butterballs

Basically a slap on the wrist allowing the guy to go do the turkey course and keep his hunting license.

I agree with Ingold, fine the shit out of them? Only way the scummy, hen hunting, road hunters will learn that the turkey breast they think they are getting for free, not only cost the rest of us, who know's how many poult's, but hit's them in the wallet, hard. Driving around shooting road crossing hen's with a brood, she won't leave because of the poult's, that's manly hunting? Seen them climb the fence to shoot at my domestic's, guess they are just that hungry?? Wonder why it's so hard to get access anymore?
That said, I do not agree with our government's imposed turkey, money grab course, took it only to be legal, years ago, what a joke, presenter's selling, buy our turkey hunting product's and listen to us? Hunting skills come from good mentoring, and time in the field.

Did any of you read the newspaper article. He shot a mature Tom ( so in season) on his own property on Saturday, He took the breast meat and left the legs. It is debatable that the legs are really eatable ( have to be stewed to be eaten at all) and made into soup or stew which is very delicious, I might add. But whether worth the bother, don't know. So in conclusion he has been feeding this turkeys (his farm, his fields, his crops) and shot one ( there is no shortage ) The thing he did wrong was not have a license, ( tax grab ) and a fine was 2150 dollars. Makes me puke

I'm sorry, he didn't have a licence, legs are the best part in my opinion (dark meat). They went out on Sunday hunting, in a no Sunday gun hunting area. That was there first mistake in being caught. They new what they where doing.! Life is about choices, they chose wrong and got caught. They should have gotten more.

He does not own the birds, the birds are a public ownership regardless of whether or not they are on his property. He broke the law, if everyone did it we'd be back to having no turkeys again.

I agree with the fine for no licence and hunting on a no hunting day but "wasting edible meat"? If that was the case the majority of goose hunters could be fined also as most of the ones I know only breast out the birds. I know a lot of turkey hunters that do the same. TC

breast meat only ...legs on game birds are tough and offer very little meat...when there not roostin in the trees ...they do alot of running to stay safe...so boil the legs and feed them to your dog to comply!

Wow there is an intelligent response, what makes something "wrong" for you, I dont hunt moose so should I care if they poach them or not?

I think the fines were appropriate considering not purchasing the licences needed to hunt turkey and sunday hunting...I think these guys have done it before and finally got caught...I do believe the punishment was enough where they won't be doing it again...

I think most hunters agree that our provincial government has taken advantage of us by charging outrageous cost for the different hunting licences

especially the moose up front licence purchase to get in on the tag draw and a turkey game seal cost...and we continue to dole it out every season

The legs on a turkey are very good, but tough. Slow cooking in a pressure cooker first, then using them in a dish that uses a sauce to keep them moist is the ticket. So is slow braising with wine, root Vegas, etc. Takes time and effort, but I like to use every piece of a game animal I can.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks