Recent content by wads44

1. W

Fishing out of Port Stanley

You might be a bit early for port stanley BUT, if you try it and catch fish, you'll be a genius. We typically start in stanley at the end of June. Speed would depend on water temperature I would think but 2 mph is a good place to start. If you have good GPS, head for the weather buoy. Good...
  2. W

Boat Covers

Try st. Thomas canvas and awning
  3. W

Fishing Report Burwell September 1

When I fished saturday, surface temp was 72.8 F and 71.4 F down 45 feet at the cannon ball
  4. W

Launching on the bay

Those pictures tell the whole story. Wow. I remember springs of past when the water came up to the back door of my uncle's cottage on teal ave. All good info. Much appreciated.
  5. W

Launching on the bay

I'm hearing with water levels peaking that some launches are a tough go on the north shore. Hows launching at old cut or the park?
  6. W

Any1 know what this is?

Crayfish?
  7. W

Ice conditions

Just wondering how far of a walk it is to get to decent depth.
  8. W

Fishing Report First Time

We were just east of stanley
  9. W

Fishing Report First Time

We were lines down at 630am and lines up at 9 am with a 3 man ticket in 45 to 48 feet. We were trolling at 2.7 mph which had us at 2.3 mph on the fish hawk down 40 feet on the rigger. 6 colour lead did most of the work. But we caught fish with 4 thru 7 colour. And some off the riggers.
  10. W

Port Stanley

My fish came in 46 feet. Started shallow but ran into a lot of silvers. Was pretty much straight south of pumping station.
  11. W

Port Stanley

Went out for a quick 6 last night. Was wondering about perch and minnows in the area?
  12. 20180713_210755.jpg

20180713_210755.jpg

13. W

Cannon electric downrigger vs Scotty electric downrigger

Canons power down. Scott's free spool down. A matter of preference I think but both are quality rigs
  14. W

Places to stay when fishing DR

There is or was a motel in Belle River. Petite Dragon I think. Stayed there for fall musky fishing once. Not the Ritz but a place to flop
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks