Recent content by Sundog

1. Sundog

Thursday Ice fishing

Might do Friday or Saturday... we're two...how many are you?
  2. Sundog

Ice Fishing Primer

Bahaha well not to that extent no... We'll wait for actual safe ice, I think 🤣
  3. Sundog

Ice Fishing Primer

Double digit below for quite a few nights in the next two weeks - what do you guys think, will we be walking out from St. Williams in time for my son's birthday on the 20th of January?
  4. Sundog

Off Topic Ice Out

There are no lakers in Lake Ontario - I believe the term you are looking for is "Old Boot"
  5. Sundog

lake temagami 30 pound lake trout

Wow that monster must be 20 years old. Good on ya for putting her back, that is a magnificent fish!
  6. Sundog

UMMMMMM Three Bouys

We're going to need a bigger boat...
  7. Sundog

My Dunnville Report from Yesterday

I've fished there a few times last year and this year. Skunked every time, and I'm a pretty experienced, well-read and well equipped walleye fisherman, usually get my limit wherever I've been. I think the thing that I really don't like when I go there - one of the things I look for in a...
  8. Sundog

parking @st.williams

Interesting...so a change in policy since last time, maybe in response to Covid-19? Or wait maybe it was never allowed, but last time some ne'er-do-well was just taking cash from folks and telling them they could park there...Kind of like down in Hamilton during a TiCats game...
  9. Sundog

parking @st.williams

Couple other notes: To the EMTs: the DNR paperwork should be in my front right jacket pocket. To the rest of you's guys: Whoever would be kind enough to give my wife a dingle so she can start the life insurance claim: you can keep all my gear. "Home" on the contact list of my phone (same...
  10. Sundog

parking @st.williams

Agreed - my ticker is not what it used to be either...If anybody finds me half up the hill and I don't make it, please be sure to clean and eat my catch. It would be a shame if after all that they went to waste ;)
  11. Sundog

parking @st.williams

So - The marina at the bottom of the hill in St. Williams is no longer offering parking this year? Used to be able to park in there for $10, well worth the extra fiver to save the long walk down and back up the hill.
  12. Sundog

What's Everyone Watching

Longmire on NetFlix would probably turn your crank.
  13. Sundog

Bismarck, ND man's Invention in 1964 Revolutionized Walleye Fishing

I wonder if these are also any good for catching pickerel? :unsure: :D
  14. Sundog

Pickerel vs Walleye: Setting the Record Straight

You mean you caught more of your "Northern Pike" with your fancy Ontario Super Shad Raps and Livetarget Hollow Body Frogs than the cowboys caught with their Five of Diamonds spoons, and more of your "Walleyes" with your high tech count-down spinners and Rattlin' Rogues than they managed with a...
  15. Sundog

Pickerel vs Walleye: Setting the Record Straight

We used to call them pickerel in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. I promise you nobody at the time (in my family at least) ever heard the word walleye. Only heard them called walleye after moving to Ontario. This is going back a few years now. I make the disclaimer however that I now only...
Back