Recent content by rockin-steelhead

1. rockin-steelhead

First Lake O trip 2024

Some guys are starting in and around 40fow and then working there way out from there depending on what the graph is showing and fish are telling them.
  2. rockin-steelhead

First Lake O trip 2024

Green spoons were great for us and then when out deep meat down was hot. All of our bigger fish were caught say 160-180 mostly in the 180’s as that was the path the boat was on. If you can buy a US license and don’t be afraid to cross over as that is where we did best.
  3. IMG_6053.png

IMG_6053.png

4. rockin-steelhead

First Lake O trip 2024

The bugs were not bad at all All kings no coho’s for us
  5. rockin-steelhead

Fishing Report First trip to the pier this year.

Great recap. Good luck today
  6. rockin-steelhead

First Lake O trip 2024

Had an invite to go out on a buddies boat today instead of towing mine down. Picked him up at 5am and made it down to Port Weller. I’m so happy we went out in his boat as it was foggy as heck and he has radar. Saw almost two collisions on the radar due to people being stupid by going out full...
  7. rockin-steelhead

Yak Attack, Apr 16; Great day for me, not so great for lakers

Sounds like a great day Joe. I’ve yet to get the red rocket wet this year.
  8. rockin-steelhead

Dipsey reel/rod advice

Wire dipsy setups are becoming more and more popular on Lake Erie so I have been told due to the hum the wire does in the water. I used wire for my dipseys on Ontario all year long as the season progresses the water fleas rear their ugliness.
  9. rockin-steelhead

Sad day at homd today

Sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family.
  10. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic Wiring & Battery Questions

This is how I have my boat wired up 2x group 27 batteries for bow mount 1x battery that my kicker motor is connected to that runs all the toys..riggers..finders etc 1x cranking battery for the big motor I also carry one of those battery booster packs with me for if ever I need it or someone...
  11. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic Transom tie down straps

Currently I am using these...
  12. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic Navionics or c-map

Makes sense for the inland lakes etc.
  13. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic Navionics or c-map

Out of curiosity does it really make that big of a difference when trolling? I would think most of us have our go to spots and I can say I do not use my maps all that much except for looking at distance etc.
  14. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic Toronto Sportsmen Show👎👎👎

The Woodstock show I’d personally give it a 7 out of 10. Very few tables that were there for tackle swaps and part of the advertising was just that. If they want to truely have a tackle swap then make table prices reasonable. The St. Catherine’s tackle swap had a ton of tables with used gear to...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks